Part Thirteen

A/N: Terribly sorry for the delay in uploads, I got caught up in studying and all. :/

My finals will be over in exactly one month and 2 days from now (10/10/12) and uploads will be swifter then!

For now, please bear with me. :(

Eli.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked into class with a whole stack of worksheets in my hand and a spring in my step, only to feel my heart come crashing down when I realised Blake wasn't in school today.

Not bothering to say anything to the class, I scribbled some instructions on the board and just handed the papers so someone to give out. I strolled out of the classroom into the hallway, where it was silent apart from the little din that was coming from my class. Thank goodness for soundproof walls.

I took out my phone and dialled Blake's house number. I somehow thought that his mom would be more well-informed about his whereabouts... even if he was out skipping school to meet those bad people.

"Hello?" Gary picked up the phone.

"Hi Gary, can I speak to Rebecca?" I asked politely.

"Sure thing." He grunted and I heard some scuffling noises.

"Hiya, dear!" Rebecca chirped into the phone energetically.

"How'd you know it was me?" I joked.

"We have caller ID." That's odd, I don't remember giving her my number. "I annoyed Blake to get it." She chuckled.

That made more sense. My lips pulled up into a little chesire cat smile, before it became a thin straight line. I wasn't calling to make small chat, I was inquiring about Blake.

"I'm calling about Blake-"

"OH YES!" She squealed, sounding like a teenager. "I heard from him you two got together! Congratulations!"

Even over the phone I could tell she would be amused at my blushing state. "Shh! Don't say it so loudly!"

"Honey, I doubt anyone other than us could have heard what I said. Oh, and Gary too." I heard Gary's rumbling laughter and reddened further.

"Thank you." I said quickly before she could divert my attention. "Do you know where Blake is?"

"That boy's not feeling well." She told me sadly. "He's at home resting - well actually he's helping me pick up some groceries now but all the same I gave him an off day."

I frowned. "Don't you think that's a little-"

"He got released yesterday Elisa! Didn't you realise you guys went on a date that stretched all the way to evening for the first time? He didn't have to rush off in early afternoon to go back to the centre." She laughed.

Realization dawned on me. I'm so thick-headed, I should have congratulated him yesterday and celebrated with him. I'm an awful girlfriend.

"Wow."

"He got released early for good behavior. I think it's your help though. Ever since you waltzed into his life he's become less wild and carefree." She said happily. "Thanks!"

"You're welcome." I said sweetly. I'd do anything to help Blake... wasn't that my vow? I'm glad that it's paying off.

"Hey Elisa, don't you have a lesson to teach?" Gary shouted from the background.