*1*

Hello, and welcome to Dead Bachelor. 

For those who don't know me, I'm Sparrow Runie, aka Ines. I've written lots of books on wattpad and I'm sure you'd also love to read those after this one. 

Our stars:

Cathy Baird: FBI agent. 

Nick Jones: The victim (Tom Ganez) 's best friend, and also a bachelor. 

~

Other stars will come to light in the book, join and enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cathy~ 

I step off the plane and gaze down at my fellow agents, I was suppose to be on my break off from missions and files. But apparently, that murder couldn't wait, and it just happened to be in New York, why? I have no idea, but the agents here just happened to need me. 

"Miss. Baird." A agent comes over to shake my hand. "I'm Agent Waters, I'm glad you could come." 

"Of course... now that we've got that out of the way, where's those case files?" I ask. 

He frowns... 

Yes, I'm a kind of woman who cuts to the chase, I wasn't happy to cut my holiday short, I wanted to finally get a break and visit Cyprus... didn't happen, did it? 

"We've got them back at the office.." 

"Good, chop chop then." I say.

He opens the passenger door and I hop in, and let the others handle my luggage, sure, I wasn't a old woman at all at just happens that I want them to not get attached to me... at all.

"So, Agent Baird. You look a bit younger than I expected." Agent Waters says and starts driving off.

I smirk. "I'm 21, you could say.. I'm good at my job." 

"I see.." He nods. "Interesting." 

"Are you saying a 21 old woman can't handle the job as a agent?" I ask, glaring at him.

"Not at all! I'm just surprised, that's all." He chuckles. "And I take it, you're not American." 

I frown and turn fully to face him in my seat. "You make smart observations." 

"So then...?" 

"I'm mainly Scottish, Agent Waters... Glasgow." 

"Glasgow.. that's a place I've visited." He nods and looks at me from the corner of my eye. "Shall we go over to you're apartment that you'll be staying in first?" 

"Straight to the office, thanks. I'll take a look at the case first, like always." 

"Alrighty then." He nods. 

We arrive at the office near the centre of the city and I scan the surroundings, the offices were private most of the way and glass windows so everyone could see them... outstanding how New Yorkers are this way, no privacy? That was something new, for me at least....

"Here's your office, for the time being that you'll be here." Agent Waters opens a glass door for me, I walk in and scan the room, a box was on the desk next to a Apple computer. 

"Classy.." I mumble.

He walks in and opens the cardboard box. "This has everything about the case, and Tom Garnez." 

I smile at him. "That'll be all, I'll call you when I'm done. Where's your office?" 

"Right opposite yours." He grins. "I'll leave you to it then."