*14*

Cathy~

 I don't have anything to go on, it's impossible, still no partner of Max... where the hell was he? 

So far, nothing has happened, it's been quiet. And I'm beginning to think of just finishing up here in NY and go back to DC, it's just no use, Waters and the rest can handle this shit alone, they've got Max and Katie, so why am I needed? 

I hear knocking at my office door and I look up to see Nick leaning on the door frame. 

"Hello stranger." I put away some papers and stand up from my desk. 

"I was wondering if you'd leave this mess and come on a walk." He laughs. 

"Sure thing, when it stops raining." I look out.

"It'll stop by the time we go out, come on Ms. Independent." He winks. 

I roll my eyes and get my jacket, we go out and indeed it wasn't too bad at all. We walk side by side before walking into a park. 

"Have you heard anything about that stranger?" Nick asks.

I sigh. "I wasn't counting on talking about him... there's nothing I can go on, absolutely nothing!" I say. 

"You'll find him." He strokes my arm and leads me towards a bridge, a huge one in fact, I actually didn't know where we we're, but no problems when I've got the bachelor with me as my tour guide, I've not had a good look around since I came here. 

We sit down on the steps which dried from the sun and he leans back, just looking at the pond in front of us. 

"You know, this isn't a bad city.." I say out of nowhere. 

"Of course it isn't, New York is a place everyone goes to." He chuckles. "And live too." He looks at me this time.

I clear my throat and look away. "Well... I think this is a good time to tell you, I'm thinking of going back home,  there's nothing keeping me here, nothing is happening." I say.

He frowns. "Back to DC!?" 

"Yeah.." 

"But-- You've got this city, what's better than this?" 

"My home's back there Nick." He shakes his head and stands up suddenly, and starts walking away, I frown and look back. "Nick!?" 

"Why should I bother being here with you, when all you're going to do, is leave? Tell me that, Agent Baird?" He says and continues to walk away... 

But I don't stop him, instead I look after his disappearing figure and wonder what I'm doing wrong. I knew that me and him are just friends, or were... and him being mad at me was stupid. 

I stand up and starting walking back towards the office. Might as well spread the news. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick~

Okay, I was harsh at that point on that bridge, but the thing is, the one I fell in love was leaving !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bye bye ;) xx