*6*

Hey peeps! 

How are you all??? I hope you've enjoyed DB so far! I'm enjoying it for sure. I'm interested to hear what you think, so don't forget to comment after reading <3

~~~~~~~~~

Nick~

"My brother won't stop till he finds him." Katie says, pacing the floor of our secret hideout. 

"It's best if he won't... He can't be found out, I won't allow it." 

"I know he's you friend, but he's gone too far now." Katie glares.

"You're the one who joined into this, aren't you the bad girl?" I ask. 

She chuckles. "I am, but this isn't satisfying Nick, I'm done." 

"You're done when he says you're done." I catch her arm and squeeze. "You signed into this, knowing what it meant." 

"In the beginning it was like the agreement, but he's become power hungry, never ends well for the ones near them." She shrugs me off. "Let me go, Jones." 

"I can't." I shake my head. "You won't be able to reach your house before he finds you." 

She laughs. "He's not here." 

"Will be." I stare at her, a bit scared to be honest. "Katie... if you want David to live, you'll stay." 

She closes her eyes and then leans on the wall behind her. "Dammit, what have I gotten myself into this time?" She whispers. 

I hold her hand. "Just a little more time, and you'll be home without any memories of us." 

"How can you help him Nick? After all he's done?" 

I get shocked by the question and step back. ".. I've never let him down." 

"Well, that's your problem, why drag me into this in the first place?" 

"Because you were at the wrong place, at the wrong time." I stroke her cheek. "It'll be okay in the end, I promise you." 

"If anything happens to David..." She catches my arm in hers tightly. "I swear I'll kill that person." 

"I'll make sure it's not me." I smile lightly at her. 

"Good.." She nods and walks to her 'bedroom' 

"I'll call you when he arrives." I say.

She stops at the door. "I don't think seeing him now will help my mood." 

"We're having a meeting, you know the rules." 

"Yes, but doesn't mean I enjoy them." 

"Stay calm." 

"Fine." She says, and slams her door.

I hear the phone ring and race to answer it without looking at the caller I.D.

"Hello." I say.

"Nick Jones? It's Agent Baird." 

I roll my eyes. "Hello, glad to tell you that I didn't spill my cold coffee." I say. 

"Enough with the games, I have questions. And I want straight answers." She says.

"And straight answers is what you'll get." I groan. 

"What were you doing with the second victim, at her brother's house this morning, and why on earth did you beat him up...?" 

I widen my eyes, the snitch! "I can't say I know what you're on about, Ms. Baird." 

"If you're the one behind this, we'll find out. Tell us now, or I'll come over with a warrant and cuffs." She warns. 

I laugh. "Agent, do you think I would've met with you before If I had something to hide? A killer wouldn't come forward." 

"Their also very smart and trick the FBI and police... what makes this different?" 

"What's your name... Cat? Katy?... C.."

"Cathy." She grunts. 

"Cathy, I'm not the one you're looking for. I didn't visit Katie's brother, I don't even know the slut." 

"Slut? You think you're any different?" She is shocked. 

"And a subject change ... my my, Agent. You do side-track a lot." 

She groans. "Just call if you have any information. We need the case to succeed sometime, if you have any ounce of care for you best friend." 

I frown. "I have a lot of respect for him, believe me." 

"Then prove it." She says and hangs up. 

I chuckle and put the phone away, the agent was tough. I give her that. 

"Lying to the Feds now?" Katie walks up to me. 

I roll my eyes. "You know I hate it." 

"Looks like you like it too much." She says and gives me her phone. "I called my best friend, that's all." 

"She is warned?" I ask.

"Of course... I trust her." 

"Good, now... what about we play a bit of chess." I go over to the bookshelf&game stack. 

"Chess? Out of all the things in the world."

I chuckle. "You are a great companion, aren't you?" I ask her. 

She smirks. "I'm a rebel... I'm always the good companion." 

"So far." I grumble. "But soon, you'll know that being a rebel has cons too." 

"Already happened." She says and sits opposite me. "Let's play, I love saying 'check mate'." 

"So do I." I grin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A short chapter from Nick, OOHHH, and who is the mystery guy? ;)

Follow, Vote and share

xx Sparrow