*12*

Cathy~ 

I lock up my draws in the office and look at the time, I over did my working time.. damn, 1am... Why did I keep doing this to myself, my best friend would be chopping off my head... I groan and pick up my bag. 

"So now you know, what's next beautiful?" 

I look up shocked, only to see Max. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask. 

"Working." 

"With evidence, you won't be much longer." I glare at him. "How could you have killed someone!?" 

"It's been a lovely journey, but I surrender, without trouble." 

"That's easy for you..." I go over to him and put cuffs on his hands quickly. "Very easy... as there's someone to continue the job for you.. don't you worry, we'll get him too, and put him in the same damn filthy cell as you! You old peace of dirt!" I say. 

"Trust me... you won't." He winks.

"We're ready to go---" Waters walks in and widen his eyes. "What the hell are you doing Cathy?" He crosses his arms.

"We've got a confession here." I say to him. "He's the one who murdered Tom Ganez." 

Waters walks over to Max and stares at him in rage. "You did what?! Is this true?" 

"True as a cow flying over the moon." He chuckles.

"Bring him in." Waters nods towards me and then in a second, he punches Max right in the jaw! "You we're right Cathy... He is a lab rat." He then walks off.

I nod. "Let's hurry, you don't want to miss the best cell." I say to him and start our journey to his resting place for the next years to come. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick~

I jog down the stairs of my apartment and meet Katie in the living room, she's jumping up and down and clapping her hands. 

"She's got him!" She shouts.

I frown. "What are you on about... and how did you get into my place?" I look around. 

"Well, you see... long ago, you did give me a key, I just never gave it back." 

"Can I have it back?" I smile. 

She laughs and hands it to me. "So.. as I was saying, Cathy got Max." 

I frown. "What just... what!?" 

"She's got him in a cell, I can't even justify how that went!!!" She squeals. "Freedom.." 

I sigh. "Didn't Cathy tell you, Max's partner's still out there..." 

"Yeah, but I'm not in that place anymore." 

"There is a chance that guy is after Cathy and you too, so we're still laying low." 

"Okay, ok." She rolls her eyes. "So, you and Cathy? Heh?" She grins widely.

I shake my head at her. "Stop drifting off, there's nothing between us, just business." 

"So you say, tell me... why couldn't you have just went to Agent Waters?" She crosses her legs and grins at me... this girl was trouble, inside and out. 

"Oh come on! She was there, so I told her." 

"Word on the streets tell me you went to her place to talk to her about it." 

I frown. "Where do you find this info!?" 

"I have secrets..." She shrugs.

"I don't have feelings for her.." 

"You mean, Ms. Independent?" 

"She must have told you that one!" I challenge. 

"Nope, Waters." 

I roll my eyes. "You're funny, real funny." 

She sighs and stands up and pats my shoulder. "I'll help you get your girl brother, as you helped me so much." 

"Katie--" 

"Good night." She flips her hair and walks out. 

"Be careful!" I shout.

She's kind of right... feelings for Cathy, that I have.. a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

xoxo Sparrow

Share, vote and comment! <3