*7*

Cathy~ 

I pick up a few things from my bedside table and I hear something bang at my door, sure.. it could be just a normal human being, but then he'd just knock, this was a 'bang'. I roll my eyes, put my pistol in the back of my jeans, and hop down the stairs to the door. 

"Who is it!?" I shout. 

Still no fucking answer, these slums... I open the door quickly and put my gun up... I wasn't expecting him. 

"Nick!?" I shout out. 

"Hey there Agent, can I come in?" I frown and open the door wider, he walks through and walks around the living room. "Nice place you've got here." 

"What are you doing here? How.. did you know I lived here?" 

"I'm a gang leader, I know where people live." He chuckles. 

"You shouldn't joke with a FBI agent, Mr. Jones." 

"Let me ask you, do you have a life? Other than running after assholes... I wonder...?" 

I groan. "My life is non of your business." 

"It is, if you called me yesterday." He looks at me very seriously now... oh knew? ;D

"What are you on about?" 

"Listen, the guy that has Katie... the guy that killed Tom, he knows you called me, and is after you." He walks closer to me. "You need to leave New York, Cathy." 

I widen my eyes. "You know the person who killed you best friend, and yet you're working with him...?" I shake my head. "Turn around, hands behind your back." I order. 

"Cathy." He steps back. "I came here to warn you!" 

"Or threaten me." I roll my eyes. 

"Look, I care for Katie, she's like my sister and I'm pretty much done being commanded and ordered by the man.. that's why I came to you, you and me have a understanding. Cathy, he's stronger than you think, if you let me go, I'll help you get him." 

"I don't know you, how can I trust you? You've given me fake information the whole time!" 

Why are you even thinking about it Cathy!? CUFF HIM!

"To protect Katie." He puts out his hands. "Tom was my mate, Cathy... wouldn't you do anything to protect your best friend's girl or boyfriend?" 

I shut my eyes tightly and rub my forehead. "You're really killing me here, Nick." 

"I came here to warn you, and team up. I just want to bring the guy down, he doesn't just have control over Katie. But me as well." 

I shake my head. "You promise to me, you didn't kill Tom?" 

"Never could've done it, he was my mate since as long as I remember." 

"What's the name of the man?" I get out a notepad. 

He looks around the place and runs to pull curtains to cover the windows and locks the door. "Alright, his name is Max Carter and--" 

"Carter?" I widen my eyes. "IS this a game to you?" 

He frowns. "Not at all." 

"Max Carter works at the FBI lab here." I say. 

He widens his eyes, now a bit afraid. "He's going to jump you." 

"Excuse me?" 

"When you go to the office, act normally, don't attack him or what ever, when you're both alone, he wouldn't miss the chance." 

"If he's the murderer..." I say. "He's given me fake information." 

"Probably, but maybe he's always put fake info in." He nods. "Look, he might look like a mouse compared to other murderers, but he's tough. He... killed Tom because he dated his daughter, believe it or not, the guys mental." 

"Katie is his daughter?" I frown.

"Not Katie, another chick." 

"How's Katie in this?" 

"She was at the wrong place, at the wrong time." He sighs. "He was spying on Tom one night, and she walked up on him and he took her in so she wouldn't tell him, in the beginning she agreed to work with him, but now she's not in it anymore, obviously." 

"And you?" I ask. 

"I was looking for revenge... and I found him, he told me if I went to the police, he'd hurt Katie, and I had no choice but to be under his order..." 

"What's his next move Nick?" 

"He's after you, and is willing to hurt you." 

I rub my eyes and sit down. "This is all so surprising." 

"Take time taking it in." He kneels in front of me. "I won't let him touch you." 

I laugh and look at him. "Do you see this gun?" I flash it at him and put it on the table. "I can protect myself." 

"Tom had combat training and a knife, tell me... what state was his body in?" 

I look away. "Pretty messed up to be honest." 

"Exactly. You need my help, whether you like it or not." 

I groan. "Fine... what should I tell my partner?" 

"Partner? I thought you mainly worked alone." 

"Well, I have a partner, like it or not. Come on, we need a story if you begin pitching us ideas." 

"I was his victim, and escaped." He shrugs. 

"Good enough." I get up. 

"I'm with you at all times, get used to it." He crosses his arms. 

"Don't you have anything else to do?" I put my hands on my hips. "I mean, seriously... I don't do bodyguards." 

"Now you do." He says. 

I roll my eyes. "Guest room up stairs on the right." 

"Thanks dear." He taps my shoulder. 

"You're going to have to behave..." 

"Oh, like that's hard." He smirks. 

"Here you are, back to normal." 

He chuckles. "We need to come up with a story why I'm guarding you too." 

"Worry?" 

"I've got a better idea, couple game." 

I laugh and shake my head. "Never, Jones." 

"Come on, it's believable." 

"IF we're a couple, Max thinks you've told me and will come after you too." 

"Well, I'll tell him I am not interested in you but with you, and he'll believe it." 

"Charming." I cross my arms. 

He grins. "I'm going to freshen upstairs." 

"Yeah yeah..." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOOO MY God :)

xx Sparrow

Follow

Comment 

Vote :)