Chapter Sixteen

slay those typos
comment ball if you see on

Chapter Sixteen

     Lucy was laughing at something Juvia had told her when a buzzer went off. She looked on the court to see Natsu running with his team, strangely Laxus seemed to be in pain. The blonde haired boy had a grimace, yet he continued to follow Natsu and the rest of the team.

"Is Laxus alright?" Lucy asked Juvia. The blue haired girl frowned and shook her head, she put a pale thin finger to her lips and festered to the other team that was coming out.

Eastwood High-the school full of delinquents and Fairy Tail's second rival. The team was full of taller and bigger boys, they all had a smirk plastered on their face and one boy in particular seemed angry.

The boy had red hair with blonde streaks and a teasing smile, he was talking to Natsu. Lucy had never seen Natsu mad, the pink haired boy looked down and Lucy saw his fists were clenched.

She noticed Laxus rest a hand on Natsu's shoulder and told the boy something. Gray rested his other hand on Natsu's shoulder, with that team led their captain away.

Lucy realized there was more to the pink haired boy then she thought. There was a side of him she didn't know, but then again she just met the strange pink haired boy.

"Natsu doesn't get along with East High's captain." Juvia informed Lucy. "The boy's name is Jun, Jun was there the night Natsu's step sister Mei died."

"Natsu has a step sister." Juvia nodded, her frown deepened as she looked down at where the team was.

"Had. He had a step sister." With that Lucy felt her heart shatter. Yet she knew what he needed.

...

"Calm down flame brain, you'll get in trouble if you start at it again." Gray advised. He made sure to keep his distance, he knew the pink haired boy might snap like last time.

Natsu was sittin on the bench as their coaches talked to the other team's coaches. His head was dipped down and he tried to breath calmly.

"Gray's right, that as-" someone cleared their throat and Natsu turned to see a blonde haired girl. Natsu looked up at her with curious eyes.

"Luce?" Lucy simply smiled softly and looked at the coaches. Both men seemed to be in a deep conversation with the other coaches.

"Come with me Natsu." She held out a hand and the pink haired boy looked at his team who nodded.

"Go on idiot, don't you know it's rude to leave a girl hanging." Gray scowled.

"Then you must be really rude to Juvia." Gajeel mumbled looking away as he felt Gray's icy glare.

Natsu took Lucy's hand and allowed her to lead him to the boy's locker room. She felt the stares of Natsu's fan girls, but ignored them. He needed to cool down, by the way his grip was, he was far from cooling down.

Once they got in, Lucy sat down on a bench and patted the seat next to her. Natsu quietly sat down and said nothing, Lucy didn't know what to do nor what to say.

So she said the 3 words that she knew by heart.

"Are you ok?" She asked Natsu, she faced the pink haired boy to see that he was gripping his basketball shorts. His knuckles were white and his face was shadowed.

He didn't hear her, he can't think straight. She rested a hand on his own hand and leaned on his shoulder.

She didn't know him, but she understood how it felt to have someone taken from you. She couldn't imagine how painful it must be to come face to face with the boy who was there when someone you cared for died.

"He was there when she drowned, their team captain was there when my sister drowned." He whispered. Lucy clutched his hand and felt him relax.

•••

Gray glared at Jun. He hated the guys guts, one day he hoped the boy would get hit by a bus, but then again he wanted a lot of people from school to get hit by a bus.

"I wish my math teacher were to get hit by a bus." He mumbled resting his chin in his palm. Gajeel gave his teammate a strange look, the raven haired ice cream popsicle truly worried him.

Triggered yet?

Comment your thoughts?

Are you confused
Or
So you just want to know more about our mysterious pink haired cat lover?