5

Derek the Alpha dude: 

I need to talk to you. 

Stiles frowned, texting back. 

Im at school, how urgent is it?

Derek the Alpha dude: 

Not too urgent, stay in class. I'll pick you up later.

Stiles shrugged, texting back the time he would be finished before focusing on the lesson. 

Before finishing school, Stiles avoided Scott, heading to the bathrooms. He once again found himself staring in the mirror at his appearance. 

No - he was not fretting because he was about to see Derek. 

Ok - fine, maybe he was. Just a little. 

With one last look, he slung his backpack over his shoulder and headed home in his jeep. Not long after he'd gotten home, Derek pulled up. He headed over, smiling as he hopped in. 

He still felt a little nervous. I mean, it's not every day you hop in a random guys car, especially an Alpha's. But Derek was just different. Stiles felt no threat by him whatsoever. 

After small remarks about how Stiles' day had been, they were soon arriving outside Derek's house. 

Big, big house. 

It was on the edge of Beacon Hills, near the woods where the other Alphas tended to live. 

He watched Derek press a button to open the gates, driving down the drive way.

Stiles must be dreaming, no way did Derek live here. He's talking obnoxious, big stone steps leading to the door with pillars either side. 

They walked inside, Derek led Stiles past a curving staircase and into a room which appeared to be a living room. It was all kinds of grey and creams, contrasting with the black and brown furniture. 

Stiles couldn't keep his mouth from off the floor. 

"Like it or something?" Derek asked as he caught Stiles staring around the place.

"I didn't think you were this fancy." Stiles joked. 

Derek smirked, telling Stiles to sit down while he got him a drink. 

Stiles sat down hesitantly. Seeing a photo on the side he picked it up, unaware Derek was watching. 

"Stiles." 

"Shit - sorry I - I didn't mean to-" 

"Stiles, are you alright?" Derek asked as Stiles started to panic. 

"Yeah, sorry. For a moment there I thought you were gonna eat me or something." 

"Eat you?" Derek raised an eyebrow. 

Stiles was speechless. Since when did he not know what to say? He thought carefully before asking a question to break the obvious tension between them. 

"Did you buy this place?" 

"Since the real Hale house is the remainder of well - nothing, I had no choice but to buy a place." 

Stiles nodded, not wanting to bring up the fire. 

"Well what have you got here?" A sarcastic voice came from somewhere. 

Derek sighed, annoyed. "It's none of your concern, Peter." 

"Hold up dear nephew, I just want to introduce myself." Peter walked towards Stiles, sticking his hand out. "Peter, and you are...?"