Twenty-Two

[JULY: Harry=3 months, Emma=8 months]

"I think we have to start sleeping in the guest room again," Harry pants as he lays Louis down in the bed, wiping his forehead. The hot June air refused to budge, no matter how high Harry turns up the air conditioning.

When Harry was pregnant the last time they started sleeping downstairs when Harry was too weak to carry him upstairs anymore.

Louis just nods, eyeing Harry's frustrated expression and revealing a small smile. "Pretty," He mumbles, thinking Harry won't hear him. He does, however, and his cheeks turn pink as he picks Emma up off the floor.

"Think she'll start crawling soon?" Harry asks, laughing as the seven month old waves to Louis. Louis smiles and shrugs, waving back to Emma. "Oh, shoot, Lou, you have speech therapy today." Harry sighs, handing Emma a bottle of some food that looks like little puffs. He keeps a bottle everywhere, she's obsessed with them.

"When?" Louis mumbles sleepily, pouting a bit. He was looking forward to that nap.

"In a few hours," Harry hums, laughing as Emma hands him a puff. "No thanks, love."

"Da-da-da-da-da," Emma mumbles as Harry sets her down again. She reaches for a stuffed monkey Liam had bought her, hugging it to her chest and eating her snack.

"Might go out for an hour with Emma while you're there," Harry mentions. "Is that okay with you? I was just planning on going grocery shopping."

"Sure," Louis shrugs. Harry smiles, leaning down and pressing his lips to Louis'. Louis hums happily, closing his eyes and taking in the feeling of Harry's lips.

"Love Haz," Louis mumbles when they separate, and Harry smiles adoringly.

"I love you too," Harry replies as Emma throws her bottle of food across the room.

Harry chooses to ignore it.

"He did good!" Jade says as she wheels Louis out to Harry and Emma. Louis, who's beaming, immediately reaches out for Emma.

"Great!" Harry says with a smile, setting Emma in Louis' lap and watching as he smiles. "What'd you learn, love?"

Louis clears his throat, looking over to Emma. He kisses her cheek before saying, "My beautiful girl."

"Lou," Harry coos, leaning down and pressing a kiss to his forehead. He thanks Jade before pushing Louis out to the car, Emma in his lap.

"Hungry," Louis hums, holding onto Emma tightly as she babbles her baby talk. Harry smiles fondly as Louis buries his nose into Emma's hair, closing his eyes and sighing quietly.

"You want to go out to eat?" Harry asks cautiously, knowing that sometimes going out to eat would cause some problems. They've only done so successfully a few times.

Louis takes a deep breath, and he nods, and Harry smiles proudly at his courage. "Alright," Harry nods, leaning down and kissing the top of Louis' head before getting him into the car.

"You're doing good," Harry mutters, kissing right below Louis' ear. Louis was sitting at the end of the table. Harry sat in the booth, next to him, and Emma sat in a baby seat next to Harry. Louis smiles wearily, and Emma squeals loudly before grabbing the sleeve of Harry's sweater and tugging. Harry turns to her and smiles. "What's the matter, love?"

Emma reaches for the bottle of puffs in Harry's bag, and Harry rolls his eyes before taking them out and handing the whole bottle to her. She spills about half the bottle onto the table, but Harry's so used to it that he ignores it.

"Careful," Harry says softly, and he knows Emma understands him. She seems to understand no, be careful, and the entirety of patty cake (which Harry has the pleasure of singing to her about forty times a day).

"Lea-ve alone," Louis tuts, and Harry just huffs before sticking his tongue out at Louis. Louis laughs, and the sound makes Harry's heart flutter.

"I love you," Harry says softly. Louis beams, watching as Harry starts to clean up Emma's mess.

A waitress approaches, giving the three of them the fakest smile Harry's ever seen. "Hi, my name's Ashley, I'll be your waitress this evening," She greets, and Harry smiles back. "Can I start you off with some drinks?"

"I'll have a water," Harry says before looking over to Louis, who looks nervous under the waitress' gaze. "Lou, love, what do you want?"

"C-Coke?" He squeaks, and Harry frowns. The waitress raises her eyebrows.

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that," She says almost menacingly. Harry clenches his teeth at her tone toward Louis, and he whips toward her.

"He said he'll have a coke," Harry says harshly, glaring at the waitress. The waitress just rolls her eyes and nods, writing it down before walking away. Louis frowns and reaches across the table for Harry's hand.

"Calm," He reminds gently, not wanting Harry to get worked up. He knows it can't be good for the baby. Harry's face softens and he nods, trying to remind himself to just breathe as Emma throws her bottle of little puffs to the ground.

Harry, again, chooses to ignore it.

"There you go, love," Harry hums softly, happy Louis was being easy on him tonight. He tugs Louis' pyjama pants on, smiling to himself when Louis beams with pride for himself.

Harry's shirt rides up a bit, and Louis' smile becomes bigger. "Big-ger," He squeaks, pointing toward Harry's stomach. Harry nods with a fond smirk, letting Louis lean down and touch his baby bump softly with the tips of his fingers.

"You didn't notice before, babe?" Harry giggles, and Louis shakes his head, giggling when Harry leans up and presses a kiss to the tip of his nose. "Baby's trying to say hello, I reckon."

"Hi!" Louis squeaks, and Harry's heart swells. He manages to get Louis' shirt off, letting the happy boy sleep shirtless because of how hot it was.

"I love you," Harry mumbles softly, and Louis smiles even wider.

"Love you," Louis says, making Harry smile to himself again.