Thirty-One

"Harry?"

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry."

'S alright, Lou."

Louis sighs and looks Harry over, his face squished into the pillow and his eyelashes grazing the tops of his cheeks and his shirt that's ridden up so his belly is exposed. He looks blissful and sleepy-soft.

"No it's not," Louis sighs, fully awake. He doesn't get much sleep these days. "I wasn't very kind to you, love."

"'S alright, Lou, I told you," Harry mumbles sleepily. Louis swallows thickly, reaching over and brushing one of the loose curls that escaped Harry's bun. Harry smiles sleepily, eyes still shut as Louis scoots over and wraps his arm around Harry's waist.

"You d-do so much for me," Louis whispers, his face nuzzled into Harry's hair that smells like some sort of flower. "Giving me two wonderful babies. Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too," Harry replies against Louis' chest. Louis reaches down and pulls the blanket up over both of them, his arm stuttering in movement as he does.

"You're beautiful too, y'know," Louis continues, and he can practically feel Harry's face getting hot. "So gorgeous, love, especially now. You, like, glow, and you always look so soft."

"Louuu," Harry whines with a small smile.

"And I'm sorry you're not happy," Louis continues.

"'S not you," Harry assures. "'S not. It's me. It's my own mind. The medication helps."

"I shouldn't have brought it up," Louis sighs. "I'm sorry. You didn't have to tell me. It's not any of my business."

"It's okay," Harry's trembling slightly, Louis can feel it, so he holds him tighter and stops talking about it. Instead he moves one of his hands to Harry's belly, smiling wearily.

"She's kicking," Louis whispers.

"Always kicking," Harry smirks sleepily. "Always moving."

"Two girls," Louis hums, closing his eyes and scratching lightly at Harry's scalp. "What are we going to do with them?"

"They're going to be troublemakers," Harry whispers, giggling a little at the end. "Mischievous like you. And they're close in age, so they'll definitely team up against us all the time."

"All the time," Louis repeats, nodding. Harry is talking like Louis is going to be around for a long time. He likes it.

"She needs a name," Harry points out. "This one does. She's due in almost a month."

"Almost a month," Louis repeats Harry again. "Wow. That's so soon."

"I know," Harry hums against Louis' beating heart. It's weakening, but it's beating, and Harry is grateful. "Do you have any in mind?"

"S-So many," Louis giggles. "I've been thinking about it. I like Isabelle. Or Addison."

"Addison," Harry recites under his breath quietly in the sweetest voice Louis has ever heard. "I like that. Addy Tomlinson."

"So we have a name," Louis leans down and pecks Harry's lips. "I love the both of you."

"We love you too, Lou," Harry replies.

"Are you hungry?" Harry whispers softly, kissing the top of Emma's short brown curls. "You want some brekkie, sweet girl?"

"Pa," Emma squeals as Harry holds her on top of his belly, smiling at her.

"C'mon, baby, you can say it," Harry coos. "You can already say Dada, now say Papa."

"Paaaa," Emma giggles, reaching up and pulling at one of Harry's curls. Harry wrinkles his nose.

"Say Papa, Emma," Harry coos. "C'mon, babe, say Papa!"

"Dada!" Emma squeaks, and Harry furrows his eyebrows before he hears Louis' chair from behind him. He spins around to see Louis behind him, looking pale.

"You okay?" Harry asks. Louis nods, reaching his arms out for Emma. Harry gives her to him, watching as he kisses the top of her head.

"Can you say Papa for us, Em?" Louis asks softly. "Say Papa."

"Paaaa," Emma crows. "Papa!"

"There it is!" Louis cheers. Harry's beaming. "Dada and Papa love you very much, bubba."

"Thank you," Harry whispers as he kisses the top of Louis' head. Louis smiles, putting his hand on Harry's belly and kissing right below his belly button. Emma, in her copying phase, leans up and kisses Harry's belly too, making both boys laugh.

"You want your breakfast, darling?" Harry asks Emma brushing a particularly long curl out of her face. Emma just smiles up at Harry, making him smile adoringly back. "I'm gonna cut up some grapes for her, Lou, do you want something?"

"I'm okay," Louis assures softly. Harry's smile falters as he reaches over and cups Louis' cheek.

"You should eat," Harry reminds. Louis really wants to be easy on Harry, and the baby, so he just sighs in defeat and nods.

"I could go for a cuppa and some toast, yeah?" Louis smiles up at Harry wearily. Harry smiles proudly, nodding and walking over to the refrigerator.

He looks gorgeous, Louis thinks as he pulls a bag of grapes out of the refrigerator. His hair is up in a bun, loose curls framing his face. His face is glowing and his belly is huge and full of their baby and Louis loves it. He glances over and catches Louis staring, smiling shyly before going back to preparing Emma's brekkie.

Louis looks over to Emma, who's playing with the strings on his joggers. She has so much of Harry in her face, with her plump lips and her unruly curls and her little dimples. Louis adores his mini-Haz.

here's some short fluff to give you a break ily