Twenty-Six

"Harry, love, are you gonna s-sit down or what?"

Harry sighs and shakes his head, feeding Emma a spoonful of baby food. "I can't just sit and do nothing, Louis," He says quietly. "Baby needs to be fed and changed."

"I think you're forgetting I'm p-perfect-ly capable of doing that myself."

Harry stops, turning around and frowning at Louis. "You're right," He sighs. "'M sorry, Sunshine. It's just..."

"A change," Louis finishes quietly. "I know, love, I know. I understand."

Harry smiles at Louis wearily, handing him the bottle of baby food and the spoon. Louis smiles back, starting to feed Emma as Harry goes into the lounge and lays down on the couch. The baby settles from their moving, which gets stronger and stronger everyday, and Harry smiles to himself. All three of his babies are getting stronger and stronger everyday.

He's about to fall into a much needed sleep when he hears the sound of glass breaking from the kitchen. He immediately gets up and rushes to the kitchen to see the jar of baby food shattered on the floor, Louis staring at it brokenly and Emma babbling to herself, not aware of what just happened.

"'S okay," Harry assures quickly, opening the closet door and taking out a broom and dustpan. "Not your fault, Lou, darling, it's okay. We can give her something else, okay?"

"I'm sorry," Louis whimpers. After picking up the glass pieces and the small amount of leftover baby food Harry turns around and kisses Louis' temple.

"I'm not mad," He assures soothingly. Louis just pouts, angry at himself for not doing better. "She's eaten enough anyways, I think she's ready for her nap. How about we cuddle while she takes a nap?"

"Okay," Louis grumbles, crossing his arms as Harry takes Emma out of the room and toward the stairs. Louis is very frustrated with himself, he really wanted to help Harry.

Harry comes back down with a weary smile, watching as Louis moves toward their bedroom. He frowns, knowing Louis is upset about something, but something else must be on his mind. He usually doesn't get that upset over just knocking something over.

"Lou?" Harry asks softly, walking behind him as Louis wheels himself into the room. "Louis, love, what's the matter?"

"I don't feel good," Louis says quietly. Harry furrows his eyebrows as Louis turns around to face him.

"Do you want me to take your temperature?" Harry asks softly. Louis just continues to look up at him, his expression something Harry's never seen before.

"I-I haven't felt good for a w-while now," Louis continues, looking up at Harry for a sign that he understands. "H-Harry, the doctor always said th-that if things go downhill-"

"No," Harry stays sternly, although his voice is shaking. "No, don't talk like that, things aren't going downhill, what are you saying? You're progressing, Lou, nothing is going downhill."

"Y-You know th-at's not what I mean," Louis says quietly. "Physically, on the inside, I've felt o-off, and maybe it's go-ing to get worse."

"Louis, stop," Harry practically whimpers, hand subconsciously dropping to his stomach when the baby flutters a bit. He can't have this conversation right now, he just can't.

"Harry," Louis says sternly. "I'm just trying to prepare you."

"Well, stop," Harry's voice breaks as he backs up into the wall. "Stop, please, I-I can't do this. Not now."

"Harry," Louis says weakly, but Harry just shakes his head and looks away. "I'm not saying anytime soon."

"I don't want it to happen ever!" Harry exclaims with his hands in his hair. "I-I want to grow old with you. I want you to be here to watch our kids grow up. I won't be able to do this without you here."

"Harry," Louis coaxes softly. "Come cuddle with me, yeah?"

Harry just whimpers, but he steps forward and takes Louis out of his chair, laying him down on the bed before crawling onto the bed as well and curling up next to him.

"I-I love you," Louis coos as he runs his fingers nimbly through Harry's curls. "So, s-so much. You're my everything, H."

"Lou," Harry whimpers again, nuzzling his face into Louis' neck. He feels like there are walls closing in on him, like there's an elephant sitting on his chest. He tries to focus on the sound of Louis' slightly unrhythmic breathing, but everything is hitting him so fast.

"And I can't wait t-t-to have another baby with you," Louis continues, noticing Harry's slightly shaky hands. "You and my other two babies, you all mean th-the world to me, Hazzy."

"I'm scared," Harry whispers. Louis nods and takes a deep breath.

"I am too," He admits quietly, craning his neck a little to kiss Harry's forehead. "But you will be fine, and e-everything else will be fine."