chapter 2-the announcement

"Marinette, I have something to tell you..." Marinette's mother said.

"Whatever it is... I will be happy." Marinette said.

"ok well... I am getting married in three weeks."

"REALLY?! That is amazing! who are you getting married to?"

"The...... MAYOR."

Those words echoed through both Marinette's and Chloe's heads. They realized if their parents marry each other, they would become... the unspoken words... STEP-SISTERS.

"Marinette? are you OK?" her mother said.

"Oh. Yeah I am ok.... I am just REALLY happy for you..." Marinette said trying to hide her anger.

"I am sure that you two will be best of friends now!" the mayor said in a cheerful voice.

"Y-Yeah.... b-best of f-f-f-friends..." Chloe said, trying to be happy for her father.

"Can you girls go to Marinette's room? Us adults need privacy too." Marinette's mother said.

Marinette tried to hide her disappointment while nodding. She invited the she-devil upstairs.

"UGH!!!" they both said while Marinette drops on her chair while Chloe drops on Marinette's bed.

"Chloe, We both know we hate each other's guts. But can we PRETEND that we could be... can't believe I am about to say this... s-step-sisters?" Marinette said.

"This is the first AND last time I will be agreeing with you, Maribr- uhhh.... M-Marinette." Chloe said with a fake smile.

They shook hands and called their friends.

Whit Marinette...

M: ALYA!!! HEEEEELP!!!!

Al: what's wrong gurl?

M: guess what is happening in three weeks!

Al: the mayor is getting married. it was all up on the news.

M: but guess who he is marrying

Al: who?

M: MY MOM!!!

Al: NO. WAY. THAT MEANS YOU ARE GOING TO BE CHLOE'S STEP-SISTER!!!

M: I know.... *cries a bit*

Al: meet me at the park in 15 minutes.

M: ok. see ya.

With Chloe...

C: SABRINA!!! HEEEELP!!!

S: what's wrong Chloe?

C: daddy is getting married to M-Marinette's mother.

S: Ooooh. tell her congrats!

C: that means I am going to be that person's step-sister.

S: I am sooo sorry Chloe. well look on the bright side. at least you have a mother. you know you were adopted by a man who was single and never dated. your father only had a best friend.

C: thanks Sabrina. I am going to be nice to Marinette's mother, which will be my mom soon, and try to be nice to M-Marinette. I have to go now. bye Sabrina. thanks for the pep talk.

S: bye Chloe.

"Hey Chloe? Wanna come to the park with me?" Marinette said being 100% nice to Chloe.

"S-sure." Chloe said being 80% nice to Marinette.

at the park...

Marinette and Chloe stood silent on the way to the park. Marinette saw Alya sitting on a bench near a tree. Alya called out to Mari and Nino and Adrian waved when Mari was looking. Marinette waved back and walked towards them.

Chloe turned with Mari and little hearts formed a frame when she saw Adrian.

"ADRIKINS!!!" Chloe said running to Adrian. She hugged him. "Seeing you wherever makes the area much better!" She exclaimed. Adrian just plastered an upset face.

Marinette pulled Alya aside.

"Why are them here?!" Mari said.

"I wondered when are you going to get to know Adrian's personality." Alya said smirking. "Now is the chance to have a conversation with him until Chloe tells him about the marriage before you do."

"ok.." Marinette walked with Alya to Chloe, Adrian and Nino.

Mari faked a cough and Chloe let go of Adrian and stood next to Marinette.

"May I introduce you, my friends to my future step-sister-" Mari said when she was cut off by Nino.

"Oh really? congrats! who is she?" he said.

Marinette and Chloe looked at him with angry faces.

"It is Chloe." Mari continued.

"OK! Marinette, I am sorry for your loss... again." Nino replied disappointingly.

"You are not helping!" both Marinette and Chloe said.

"Anyways... you two at getting along pretty fast. Finally my two friends are getting along." Adrian said with a smile.

Marinette blushed and so did Chloe. but not that their friends could see.

"You ALWAYS approve." Chloe said.

"So have you found anyone to go with to the dance this Friday?" Alya said.

Chloe gasped. "Adrikins! Would you like to go to the dance with me?" She said almost forgetting about prom.

"Uhh... I am going with..... MARINETTE!" Adrian said while he lookes at Mari.

"EEEK!!! REALLY?! WHEN? WHY? HOW?" Alya fangirling.

"We'll talk about this later." Marinette said.

"Ok. Well i need to go now. Bye." Chloe said.

"Yeah Nino and I need to go too. Bye gurl. Call me later." Alya said.

"Hey Marinette? Can i talk to you?" Adrian asked.

"S-sure. W-whats up?" Marinette said.

"Thanks for rolling with it." Adrian said. "What theme do you wanna go with?"

"Well I was going to go with a Ladybug dress..." Marinette said.

"Ok. but who is Ladybug without her partener? Guess that makes me Chat Noir." Adrian said.

"You can do this!" Tikki said from inside Marinette's bag.

Mari stood frozen.

"What was that?" Adrian said.

"Ahh Tikki! You blew it!" Plagg said from inside Adrian's jacket.

"What was that?" Mari said.

Then a roar was heard from through the city.

"WHERE IS MY ADRIAN!?!?"