1. Acceptance

Chapter 1.
Acceptance

I WANNA MAKE SOMETHING CLEAR BEFORE YOU ALL STOP READING LMAO
This is NOT going to be a story of a relationship between 11 year olds. I am not a pervert I swear. There is simply a couple of chapters but soon it'll skip to a couple of years later and it will take off from there. 

{}

June 15th

Tap.
Tap.
Tap.

My black nails tapped rapidly on the old, creaky wooden kitchen table. One after another rhythmically, as my eyes locked with the gloomy road outside, exposed by our large kitchen window. The dim, candle-lit room only made my nerves increase. The streetlights lit up the murky road with all the strength they had left but only a weak glow escaped them.
Today seemed to be even darker than most.

"Primrose, it's going to be okay," Dad said reassuring me as he slowly placed his cold, lanky fingers on top of my shaking ones, the connection suddenly calming them and allowing them to rest.

I glanced up at the well-known jet black eyes, it was like looking in a mirror. We were so alike - physically and mentally.
His lengthly coal hair drooped over his face, stray strands rolled down his forehead reaching past his nose.

"But what if it isn't?" I asked, worry gracing my voice.

My eyes reached into his, attempting to drag out some confidence from his and plant them into my own.

"Rose, I work there. You'll get in." He announced, his hand still covering mine, rubbing his icy thumb along my own.

I nodded, my black-rimmed glasses slipping down my nose slightly as I attached my gaze down to the table.
A shade of white speedily flew past the window, barely catching my eye.
The owl had arrived.
Next, the letter box flapped open, the metal clinking loudly, confirming that my fate and future had just arrived through my front door.

"It's here." Dad whispered, the silent, lifeless house sucking in his quiet words.

"It's here." I breathed out, my heart pounding faster than ever against my tight chest.

Dad pushed his chair out, standing up to his full height of 6'1. I copied him, ignoring the shaky feelings that my wobbly legs gave off. Dad quickly walked around, his black socks patted the kitchen tiles as he made his way towards me. His hand slipped into mine, grasping it tightly.

"Come on kiddo," he gave me a crooked grin which I couldn't help but smile at.

Seeing the man who was feared by most smile encouragingly at his daughter, was something that most would die to see.

I nodded as we both walked towards our hallway. We stepped out the kitchen, steps falling in time with one another. The letter came into view, the curvy, green handwriting catching my eye almost immediately. Dad squeezed my hand one last time before I bent down to pick it up.

Miss Primrose Solaris Snape
Spinner's End
Cokeworth, Midlands
England

I glanced back at my dad over my shoulder, he nodded at me, support radiating off of him. I bit my bottom lip and slowly opened the letter, revealing the two pieces of paper. I unfolded them as carefully as my trembling hands allowed. As I swallowed, exhaling deeply, I began to read.

Dear Miss Primrose Snape,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Students shall be required to report to the Chamber of Reception upon arrival, the dates for which shall be duly advised.

Please ensure that the utmost attention be made to the list of requirements attached herewith.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

"So? What does it say, Rose?" Dad asked eagerly.

"It says... I've been accepted.." I spoke breathlessly.

I'm in.
I'm officially going to be a student at Hogwarts.
Two lanky arms wrapped around my waist, lifting me up and twirling me around effortlessly.

"You're in!" Dad laughed, joy lacing his voice as he beamed brightly, slowly placing me down to the floor.

"I'm in!" I yelled, throwing my hands in the air, the two letters still clutched in them.

Dad copied my actions excitedly.
He slowly knelt down, allowing him to become face to face with me as we became the same height.

"I'm so proud of you." He whispered, icy cold hands pinching my cheeks in delight.

I grinned in response, I had successfully pleased my dad and secured my future.

"Now, for your present!" Dad grinned, twirling around as he trotted softly away.

I almost completely forgot that it was my 11th birthday. Being accepted to Hogwarts was probably the best gift I could ever ask for, I didn't need anything else. But of course, dad always surprised me. I quickly took this time to glance at the other letter. It consisted of a shopping list of supplies that I would need, my smile never faltering as I read it.
He re-entered the corridor, a smile gracing his lips as he clutched a small black box, handling it carefully.

"Happy birthday kiddo," he grinned, placing the delicate box into my small cupped hands.

I slowly pushed the lid off, revealing a singe black crystal, a thin sliver chain looping behind it. My eyes lit up instantly as they attached to the jet black necklace.

"It's a black quartz crystal. I thought you'd like it," he spoke sheepishly, awaiting my response.

"I love it," I said honestly, earning a sigh of relief to escape from dads mouth.

His shoulders relaxed as a grin smoothed across his face.
My index finger traced the necklace lightly, it's cold color only enticing me more.

"Here," dad said lifting it up out of the box.

He set the box down on the small dresser where we kept our shoes next to the door. His hands stretched behind my neck, softly pushing my sleek hair to the side. His hands fiddled with the end, as he latched it shut. I grinned in delight as I glanced down at the dark jewelry that dangled down my chest softly, dad slung his arms back to his side.
Immediately I lunged myself forward into my dad. My arms loosely knotting around his neck as I leaned my head on his frigid chest. Dads arms engulfed me, hugging me closely.
His icy, lifeless self somehow radiated warmth and happiness as he showered me with love.

I could feel the excitement bubbling in me, threatening to spill as I realized that this was the very beginning of my new adventure.

{}