9. Acid Pops

Chapter 9.
Acid Pops

{}

September 5th

Thank god my Thursday first period was free. I was running on 4 hours of sleep throughout the whole day. I was exhausted and I even managed to sleep through dinner. I didn't miss any classes, although my free time was all occupied with me attempting to gather some sleep. I had just woken up from another nap of mine, I was sitting on my bed with Saskia. The dorm was empty as everyone else was away at dinner, but I wasn't really hungry nor could I be bothered to go get up and get food.

The door squeaked open and Sophie popped her head through.

"Prim? Prim, are you awake yet?" She asked, squinting her eyes to see me.

"Yeah, how was dinner?" I asked, making conversation with her as she shut the door behind her.

"Boring without you, although I bought you some pumpkin pasties and hot cocoa," She pushed out her hands were a small napkin was wrapped up around some food, along with a hot chocolate.

"Awwh, thank you Sophie," I smiled gratefully as she sat across from me.

"So... how are you?" She asked, worry lining her voice tightly.

"I'm okay, just didn't get much sleep." I said honestly, pulling bits off of the pasty as I ate.

"Prim, you know you can tell me anything right. If anything happening, please we can fix it together," she pleaded, looking at me desperately.

"Of course Soph. I went out for a walk last night, that's all. I really am just tired," I confirmed truthfully and she nodded her head.

"Your dad wants to see you," she blurted out.

"W-why? Is everything okay?" I asked worriedly.

"I think so, he just said to tell you to go to his office," she shrugged her shoulders as she focused on her cat, Nekra.

The cat purred in delight as it's jet black fur was pushed up by Sophie's fingers.

"Oh, I should probably go then," I sighed, pushing myself up off of my bed before saying bye to Sophie.

As I walked to his office, my mind flooded with the worst thoughts.

What if he saw us last night?
What if he knew where I was last night?
What if he knew who I was with?

I bit my lip, but walked straight in.

"Hey Primrose," he greeted casually, closing the book he was currently looking at and placing his quill back in his ink pot.

"Hi dad," I said, pushing my nerves away. "Why am I here?" I asked curiously, getting straight to the point.

Tiredness had bought a lot of stuff out of me. I wasn't going to sit and ignore the elephant in the room. I needed to know why dad had called me here. He let out an exhausted sigh as I spoke.

"I'm worried about you, Primrose," he said honestly, clasping his hands together.

His hair fell down his face as he spoke worriedly. I pushed my glasses up my nose further and nervously replied.

"Why?" I asked innocently.

"You missed dinner, I haven't seen you all day. Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes reaching into my own for an answer.