7. Living A Little

Chapter 7.
Living A Little

{}

September 4th

"Night Sophie," I whispered glancing over towards her.

Only to find that sleep had already engulfed her, and I was left alone in the room, wide awake. Sleep had never came easy to me, and I hated myself for that. It seemed as if everyone else would just hit the pillow and pass out, although whenever I even touched my bed, my overthinking and unwelcoming thoughts entered my mind. I was still dressed in my robes, however my shoes were left downstairs in the common room with everyone else's.

"Hey Saskia," I whispered as she jumped up onto my bed.

She purred in response as she cuddled up underneath my blanket. I smiled softly as my cat proceeded to take up my whole bed by sprawling herself out across it. Deciding that there was no point in just sitting here, I edged myself over to the stairs that lead down towards the common room. It was unlikely that students would be up at this time, it was past 12 o'clock after all, however Slytherins had gained the reputation of the night owl house over the past few years.

Maybe someone else would be up, I thought to myself while slipping down the stairs quietly.

The fire was lit brightly, indicating that someone was indeed awake. I glanced around the room as I noticed Crabbe and Goyle curled up next to one another on the large green leather sofa. They were both passed out, druel slipping down Goyle's chin as Crabbe snored loudly.

I continued walking down, my ears perking up at the sound of a deep voice.

"Fucking idiots." The person mumbled and I instantly recognised the cruel voice as none other than Malfoy.

"Malfoy? What are you doing up?" I questioned as I looked him up and down.

He was stood at the dungeon door entrance to the Slytherin common room. He was fully dressed in robes and was sipping out some water from a plastic cup, through a straw. Of all things I was expecting to see when I came down here, Malfoy drinking water in a plastic cup with a bloody straw was pretty damn far down on the list.

His black hood of his robe arched down over his face, but his nose poked out along with small strands of silver hair.

"I should ask you the same thing?" He questioned, scrunching his nose up as he roughly slammed down the cup onto a coffee table in the common room.

I expected Crabbe and Goyle, or at least one of them to flinch at the harsh noise that Malfoy had created. But they both lay, undisturbed as they continued on sleeping and snoring.

"I used a spell on them, they were pissing me off." Malfoy stated as he strode back towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously as he reached for his shoes.

"Does it matter?" He narrowed his eyes in annoyance at my nosiness.

"Does it not matter?" I asked, curiosity eating at me.

After a minute of silence, Malfoy eventually replied.

"The Dark Forest." He said quietly.

I felt my throat drying and legs turn shaky. He didn't mean The Dark Forest, did he?

Of course he did, what other bloody Dark Forest is there?

"Why?" I screwed my eyes together, making small wrinkles form on my pale forehead.

"Why not?" He answered back, this conversation seemed to be replying itself over and over.

"Because it's dangerous." I spoke matter-of-factly.

I let my arms fold over my chest after I pushed my glasses up my nose further as they had slipped down slightly.

"How do you know it's dangerous if you haven't been?" He spoke lowering his voice as his eyes darted to me, before refocusing on his shoe that he was tying up.

"Because others have been, people had died there Malfoy." I spoke sternly, I watched him cringe slightly at my harsh tone but it didn't seem to bother him that much, it clearly didn't change his mind anyway.

"You can't just believe everything you hear Primrose." He said quickly.
"Are you coming with me or not?" He asked as he finished up on his left shoe, moving onto the next one.

"W-what? No, of course not. I'd prefer not to die just yet." I scoffed, although I couldn't deny how much The Dark Forest had always interested me, ever since first year.

He pushed his black trouser legs over one another as he folded them once he eventually finished tying them both. He seemed to take his time doing so.
He began twisting his head that was partially cloaked by the hood of his robe to face me. His pale jaw opened to speak, those familiar pearly hints of sliver eyes catching mine for a split second.

"Live a little Primrose." He said quietly before darting out the common room.

And in that moment, I did.
I followed Draco Malfoy out to The Forbidden Forest.