5. Fifth Year

Chapter 5.
Fifth Year

{}

September 2nd

My eyes fluttered open, revealing the familiar stone ceiling of the Slytherin dormitories. It was the beginning, the very first day, of my fifth year at Hogwarts. Hogwarts now felt like more of a home than that old shack in London. It felt good to be back, I had missed the place dearly. However, fifth year was supposed to be dreadful, with OWLS. I cringed at the very thought of exams.

"Morning Prim!" Sophie yelled excitedly.

I glanced towards my best friend who was sitting on her bed tying her shoe with energy seeping out of her. She was dressed in her full black robe, wth the green hood and green and white Slytherin tie.

"What time is it?" I mumbled, rubbing my eyes and forcing myself to sit up.

"8 o'clock. I was just about to wake you up, Mrs McGonagall is giving us our timetables in the hall in half an hour." Sophie beamed, informing me of the morning scheduled.

After The Sorting Ceremony for the new first years, Dan and I had spent the majority of the night in the Astronomy room. Before you get the wrong idea, Dan and I are not together. It's actually the opposite really, Dan and Phil had admitted their undying love to each other and are now the cutest couple at Hogwarts. Maybe that's a bit dramatic, but they were adorable together.

"Half an hour?" I furrowed my eyebrows together as I slipped on my glasses to better my vision.

Sophie nodded in response as she finished knotting her laces.

"I honestly don't know how you managed to get prefect of all people, your literally late for everything. But then again, Malfoy is the other prefect so I guess they don't care much anymore." Sophie giggled as I groaned, pushing myself out of bed.

"The perks of being Severus's daughter I guess," I chuckled, fully awakening myself as I stretched my limbs.

I was chosen to be a prefect last night, along with Malfoy. We were the only two in our year, which would probably mean that we would get paired to monitor halls and stuff together, which I was not looking foreword too. I hadn't spoken to Malfoy since first year on The Hogwarts Express. I also hadn't called him by his first name since then either, everyone referred to him as Malfoy.

Sophie shook her head whilst laughing as I stumbled into the bathroom to begin  getting ready.

{}

With Dan, Phil and Sophie by my side, I made my way through the entrance of the Great Hall. It was littered with students from all years, awaiting eagerly for their timetables. The first years had been gathered elsewhere in an attempt to make the whole process easier. I spotted my dad along with a couple of fellow Slytherins towards the left side of the hall. He carelessly chucked out the Slytherins students timetables the he had in his grasp. His dark eyes immediately found my own, he lifted one arm in the air, shaking his hand where he held a slip of paper with my name on it.
My timetable.

I scuttled over along with the others and anxiously waited. He pressed the paper into the palm of my hand before I immediately grazed over it.

"I know fifth years supposed to be rubbish, but my timetable is amazing this year," Phil grinned as he looked up.

"Mine too! Sophie beamed her eyes darted around us.