3. Hogwarts Express

Chapter 3.
Hogwarts Express

{}

September 1st

I sat in silence as I ate my bowl of Frosties. I pressed the spoon into the bowl before lifting itself and it's contents into my mouth.

Today was the day.

Hogwarts express was leaving at 11 o'clock and it was 8am now. Thus meaning I had two hours to get ready as it would take me approximately forty-five minutes in the taxi to get to the train station, and I wanted to be there slightly early to secure a seat on the train. Dad had left a couple days ago as Dumbeldore had requested all the Professors at Hogwarts to be present a couple days before the term began.

It seemed strange and probably made my dad come off as uncaring, however dad was away at Hogwarts for the majority of the past two years so I was used to being on my own. Obviously I missed him, but I took it as an opportunity to grow and mature, although I was just 9 years old the first time he left.

My ticket that dad had bought me lay neatly on the table untouched, along with money for the taxi and a couple of galleons for sweets on the train. To say I was excited would be a huge understatement. I was also incredibly nervous though.

What if people treated me differently once they found out I was Severus' daughter? What if I was put into Gryffindor and was expected to be a perfect student and do something great with my life?

I shook those worrying thoughts out of my cluttered head. Quickly losing my appetite, as my nerves replaced my hunger, I emptied the rest of my bowls contents into the sink and bin before washing up my used dishes.

I rushed in and out the shower and began finally getting ready for Hogwarts.

Of course I had many friends here, in London. However, I knew eventually that I would be applying for Hogwarts so I never allowed myself to get too attached to any individual, so I honestly wouldn't miss anyone specifically that much.

Once I heard the familiar taxi honk the horn outside, I pushed my trolley down our corridor.
I wore a pair of tight black jeans and a black hoodie with white tassels. My quartz necklace was securely hidden underneath my hoodie.

I rushed my trolley outside onto my door step, after grabbing my money and ticket and shoving it into my back pocket. Saskia was sat neatly on the top of my trolley, claiming all the boxes with a triumphant glow in her eyes. Her cage was also there, but as she was going to be locked up for the whole train journey, I wanted her to get as much fresh air as possible beforehand.

As soon as the driver stepped out and made eye contact with me, his face face revealed shock and surprise. I struggled to decide whether it was the fact that an 11 year old girl had ordered a taxi, or the fact that I had just left my house with a trolley of boxes and a cat.

I locked the door behind me, pushing it again just to be sure as no one would be here for a couple of months.

"Hello love, uh, did you order a taxi..?" The man asked doubt filling his green eyes.

I nodded, further pushing my trolley down to the back of the taxi.

"Oh right, eh, okay." The man stammered as he lifted the boot of his car open for my luggage.