Chapter 4 (Edited)

Picture on the side is Sapphire.

.Chapter 4

Casper stood with his back towards me, looking out the window. I started shaking, I was so afraid to move. What did he want? Was he going to hit me again, or was he finally going to kill me? I never thought it was possible to be this afraid of another person, however this is a dangerous monster not a person.

With an evil glint in his eye, Casper walked towards me. The closer he came, the more I backed away. When my back hit the wall, I realized that I had nowhere else to go.

“Stop moving away from me!" he growled. “You will clean my office, tidy my papers and files and then you will prepare my dinner. Do you understand?” Casper said while looking down at me.

“Yes," I replied as quickly as possible.

“Yes master," he said with a smirk on his face.

“Yes master, I understand," I quickly replied watching as he silently walked out of the room.

As I started organizing his papers and files, I began to wonder how he expected me to clean. I had absolutely no idea where anything was and he hadn't bothered to tell me either. 'At least the papers and files would not be too difficult' I thought. Unfortunately, I was wrong. They were in a foreign language I didn't recognize, the only English was the date recorded on them

All I could to was arrange them according to dates in neat piles on his desk. Next I straightened the chairs and table and then re-centered the mat.

'Now all I need is a vacuum,' I muttered to the empty room.

Deciding I did not want to repeat what happened when he told me to clean his room, I left to see if I could find a supply closet or someone to tell me where it was. I opted to try my luck down the hallway to the left of his office. All along the hallway there was door after door. I quietly opened each one, hoping to find what I was looking for. The last door on my right led me into a massive kitchen where there was a maid sitting at the table. She wasn't moving, just sitting there starring down into her hands.

“Excuse me?” I slowly walked towards the table.

“How can I help you miss?” she replied.

“Could you tell me where to get some cleaning supplies?" I asked.

She stood and started walking out of the room, then called back over her shoulder, “Come with me child, I will show you.”

“Thank you," I said as I rushed to keep up with her.

She went right down the hallway, and then turned left into another hallway. Finally stopping at the third door on the right, she opened it as she walked inside. I must remember how to get back here I thought, as I followed her inside. I could see vacuum's and all kinds of brooms and cleaning products inside the room. She gestured around the room, while telling me that I would find whatever I needed.

“Thank you for helping me," I said, giving her a smile.

“I'm April," she replied.

“Hi April, I'm Crystal," I replied, as my smile grew.