Chapter 21 (Edited)

Chapter 21

***CASPER'S P.O.V.***

I was so busy helping fight off some of the Vampires who crashed the reception, I didn't realize that Crystal wasn't beside me. I quickly rushed back into the ballroom, and that's when I felt like my heart was being shattered. I could smell the blood, and I knew instantly that it was Crystal's.

Sitting of top of my wife was a girl that was at the club the night I met Crystal. She was plunging a knife into my beloved's stomach. If I remembered correctly, it was her best friend. Without realizing it I thew myself towards the girl, knocking her off of Crystal.

The guards were right behind me, they restrained the girl that I was about to kill.

“Baby, can you hear me?”, I asked.

She didn't answer me and I could hear her heart slowing down.

“I know what I have to do, but is it what she would want me to do?”, I asked myself. I didn't have to think twice, I leaned my head towards her neck and released my fangs. I let them sink into her flesh and let out as much venom as possible. I pulled my fangs from her neck and bit into my wrist. The blood came to the surface and I shoved my wrist to her mouth.

“Come on!”, I shouted.

She wasn't getting enough of my blood, so I opened her mouth and tore my wrist open. The blood was now pouring out, and I watched as it ran into her mouth. I hoped it was working, but I wasn't sure. “I've never done this. What else do I do?”, I asked myself.

“Just let it keep flowing into her mouth.”, a guard answered my unspoken question.

I did as he said, but I still couldn't see any changes. It's been a good three minutes, it should be working by now. The cut in my wrist started to heal and I panicked.

“It's not working, she's dying!”, I yelled.

“I can't lose my wife on our wedding day.”

“Just give it time.”, someone said from behind me.

I can't lose her, that bitch is going to pay dearly. I sat on the floor next to my dying wife, her heart has nearly stopped. It's so weak I can barely hear it, pulling Crystal into my lap I started to rock back and forth.

“Come on baby, open your eyes.”, I kept saying over and over again.

The guards took the girl to the dungeons, because right now I can't deal with her. I carried Crystal to our room and laid her down on the bed. Her heart beat was still there, but it was gradually becoming more quiet and slow.

“It's not going to work, she's going to die.”, I kept repeating.

I lay down beside my wife and hugged her tightly. I laid there with her in my arms for another hour, before I heard the worst noise I could possible hear. Her heart stopped completely.

“No, no, no! Come on pretty girl, please don't leave me!”, I yelled.

As the time ticked by I got even more worried. “I couldn't even save my own wife, how am I meant to lead all Vampires?”, I thought to myself. Ten minutes had gone by and I hadn't hear her heart beat again.

Just as I felt tears start to form in my eyes, I heard the strangest noise. I looked down at my wife and noticed she was breathing. Her heart beat was there, but it wasn't like her normal heart beat.

“Can you hear that?”, I asked excitedly to who ever was in the room.

“No your majesty, I can't.”, replied one of the guards. The other three guards all shook their head no as well.