Chapter 30

WashingDUDE
Alternate Title: Real Estate Hazing

(Sorry this seems rushed, there was just kind of a family emergency going on.)

Alex's POV

"Okay Philip, Dad and I need to talk to you." I said, then sat him down on the couch.

"Was wrong?" He asked, and I grabbed John's hand.

"Well, you remember about how we talked about how girl and boys have babies, and boy and boys or girl and girls adopt them sometimes?"

"Yeah! They come from belly buttons, too."

"That's not... okay, good. Well, your dad and I decided that you're going to have a new baby brother or sister to play with!" I said happily, hoping he'd be excited.

"Cool! Wait... is it in your belly?"

"No, that's only happens to girls." Not about to explain Tumblr fanfiction or complicated gender identities to a 2 year old.

"Oh. Cool. Can we go to park now?" He asked.

John shrugged. "I guess."

Suddenly we heard the door open, and Washington came inside.

"How's my favorite Philip?!" He asked.

"GRANDPA!" Screamed Philip, and ran to hug him.

"Oh... Hi sir."

"You don't need to call me that, Alex."

"Alright, Mr. Washington. What's up?"

He picked Philip up while he laughed. "Well, I decided I have nothing to do, so I'd hang out with my grandson."

"YAY!" Squeaked Philip.

"Oh, well, John and I were going to go house hunting, as we're moving out of our apartment soon, so that works out gr-"

"I didn't say that you didn't have stuff to do!" He said, still smiling.

"Uh... what?" asked John. "Kinda thought he had the day off."

"Well you did but the primaries are in two years starting tomorrow, so I decided we need to jumpstart this shit a lil bit, because I'm announcing my campaign to America in a year today, so you're going to be working with Jefferson all day. Yay?" He said.

"Yay! More grandpa!" Yelled Philip.

"Of course, go love your not-real-grandpa more than me while I work to afford you." I muttered.

"Wait, I thought we were gonna go house hunting together today?" Asked John.

"I'm sorry babe, I have so much work to do. We already talked, you can just tell the real estate lady what we talked about." I said awkwardly. I really didn't want to make him feel left out, and we needed money.

"Okay, babygirl. Have fun." He said, then tried to discreetly squeeze my butt.

"Uh... okay, off I go with Philip...Alex, I'll drop you off at the office." Said Washington, and awkwardly walked out.

John's POV

"Hi, I'm Linda. So I realize that your partner isn't here now, but what exactly are you looking for?"

"Oh, my husband and I made a list, I'll go find it." I said, and pulled out a piece of coffee-stained graph paper.

"Uh... alright." She said, awkwardly taking the piece of paper.