Chapter 4| Gregory

"I've been watching him." I tell my friend and closest companion, Christophe 'Mole' Derlorne. 

"'Watching 'im'?" He quotes, then curses in French followed by a snicker. "Zat's very disturbing Gregory."

"I.." I start, caught off guard by Christophe's words. "It's not some.. creepy stalker thing!"

"Non, it's totally not zat." He says sarcastically, chewing on the cigarette in his mouth.

I sigh, Plucking said cigarette it from in between Christophe's lips and dropping it. I stomp my foot down on it. "You promised you'd stop smoking those."

"You promised you'd stop speaking about Phillip."

"Touché." I say simply, following on with more words. "But, I really care about him."

"Oh, you blond British bastard. Don't bore my with 'ow much you care for 'im. I've 'eard it before."

I hum, slightly offended. Christophe can tell, and he snickers. "'Tophe." I begin with the nickname he hates, causing his dark eyes to harden in a glare.

He wouldn't hurt me though. He hates to admit it, but he does care about me. I can tell; his eyes soften when he speaks to me and they don't around others.

"Don't use zat shitty nickname, you fag." He grumbles, and I laugh, continuing with what I wanted to say.

"I'm worried about him. He's been acting strange all week. Have you not noticed?"

"Pardon zat I don't watch over ze Brit 24/7." Christophe says, hand on his hip as he stares longingly at the stamped out cigarette.

"But you have noticed! You can't help but notice! He's so different. I don't know what's gotten into him." Christophe hums at my words.

"Maybe m, it's not 'what' 'as gotten into 'im, but who?" At Christophe's suggestion, I raise an eyebrow.

"You think he's fucking someone? Estella? You?"

"Moi?!" He gasps, a look of disgust settling upon his features. "'Ell no! I'm not attracted to zat sissy at all!"

"What are you attracted to then?" I enquire, slightly curious.

"Votre maman." He says simply.

"My mum? Well, we Yardale's do tend to have brilliant looks." Christophe gives me a look, and I snicker as he elbows me.

"Blond bitch." He curses, and crosses his arms.

I laugh at Christophe's reaction, spying Pip from the corner of my eye. He leaves the school swiftly, going in the direction of town.

I may have only known Pip for a short span of two years, but within that time I've gotten to know him very well. He would never go into town alone; he's scared to death of strangers.

I say goodbye to Christophe, who shrugs me off and takes a cigarette out of a pack when he thinks my eyes are off him, then follow Pip into town.

The blond has been acting so strange. He talks back to teachers, starts fights with students with strength I never even knew he had and vandalises school property. He destroyed the tables in the art room, drawing inappropriate things upon them in permanent marker.

It's horrific to watch Pip behave so unlike himself. So unlike the boy I've developed an overwhelming crush on.

I sigh to myself, watching as Pip disappears into a clothes shop. I'm alone with my thoughts until he emerges, his bag bigger than it was when he first went in.

Did he steal from the shop?

My heart races at the thoughts. Phillip Pirrup, a sweet, kind and gentle British boy stealing. A boy who's scared of pocketing a pen which doesn't belong to him, stealing from an actual clothes shop.

He disappears down an alley way, and my mind instantly goes to a dark place.

Is he doing drugs? Has Pip become addicted to some kind of drug that has altered his personality? Is this why he acts this way?

Though when he comes out of the dark alley, he seems to be supporting no drugs. Just a change of clothes.

That answers one of my previous concerns. Pip did steal from the shop.

He's now wearing all black. Jeans with tips in them, showing off the pale skin of his knees. The jumper he's wearing is very loose fitting, falling off his shoulder as he rolls his sleeves up. He moves it back into place, chuckling to himself.

And finally, a cross glitters at Pip's neck. It's silver, much like mine, and hangs low. Though, there's one huge difference between the cross around my neck and the cross around Pip's.

His cross, is upside down.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that the updates a little short. I'm attempting to be more frequent with my updates.

Also, I like to think Pip is dressed like Mello from Death Note.