Chapter 11| Damien

As soon as my lips brush his cheek, a voice erupts loudly in my head. Pip. He's loud enough to actually make my brain ache, his voice unnecessarily pitched.

Damien Thorn! He shrieks, shocking me for another reason; I was never aware he knew my full name.

Phillip Pirrup. My reply is cocky, and it clearly annoys him.

As soon as I thought we were finally getting along, you pull a stupid stunt such as this!

Followed by his words, is a struggle. I can feel Pip fighting me, fighting for control of his body. I try to keep him locked down, keep him at bay, and succeed.

Pip, it's just a joke. I attempt to reassure the blond, but he doesn't seem to be listening to me anymore. I don't receive a reply.

He's still fighting. While I was mustering up my energy to say those five simple words, he was mustering up the energy to fight. When I yelp, I know he's succeeding, regardless of my attempts at stopping him.

Suddenly, Gregory gasps. In all honesty, I had forgotten about the two teens in front of me. Beside him, his brunette friend raises his eyebrows as he curses in french.

"Pip.." Gregory starts, voice a small squeak. "What happened to your.. eyes?"

"What?" I ask, clearly confused at I touch right below Pip's left eye. "Oh, for Christ's sake."

As soon as the outcome of Pip's fighting dawns on me, I'm swiftly walking away from the two Europeans.

I need a mirror. I must find a mirror.

Bathroom? Pip sweetly suggests, his voice thick with amusement. He doesn't know what he's done, but he knows it's something shocking. 

Shut up.

My reply is simple, copying the same sweet tone Pip previously used. I do listen to Pip however, and rush into the boy's bathroom. Quickly checking that it's empty, which it is, I click the lock. 

I throw myself against the sink, gripping the white marble as I stare into the dirty mirror. Just as I thought.

My left eye is red, while the right is blue.

My grip on the sink is so tight, cracks begin to form at my fingertips. The cracks travel down the basin, in thin, vein-like lines. I watch as they reach the drain, and chips of paint erupt at the metal, scattering atop it.

Then I step back. Taking a few steps, I suddenly leave Pip's body. At the sheer speed of how quick we separated, Pip staggers back and collides with a stall door.

"What the hell did you do?" I ask him, fists clenched.

"I don't know." Pip groans, standing up and rubbing his head.

"You deserved that." I mumble, locking gazes with Pip as I check his eyes. Left is blue, right is blue.

Whatever he did, it was thankfully not permanent.

A slight panic sets in as I whip round to look at my own eyes. I sigh in relief upon noticing they're both crimson.

"I deserved a concussion?" He asks, running his hand through his hair slowly, trying to find a bump.

"You're still standing." I reply, only glancing slightly at Pip through the mirror. If he does faint, I'll catch him. "You're lucky you didn't mess up your eyes."

"You're lucky I didn't fight more." Pip replies, "I would've grabbed Gregory's cross."

"You wouldn't." I tell him simply.

"I would."

"You wouldn't. You're not strong enough."

"You know, the last person who doubted me got a broken nose."

All of a sudden, Pip is stood behind me. I can clearly see him in the mirror, see his clenched fists.

"Take a swing," I taunt, "I dare you."

His eyebrow twitches, and he does lift his fist. I patiently wait for the impact. I could easily grab his fist and twist his arm, however, I don't want to hurt him.  The impact never comes.

"I can't hurt you," if I had a heart, these words probably would've made it melt. "Although I desperately want to. Instead, I'll apologise to Gregory."

That makes me turn. My back against the sink, Pip stood before me in slight shock of my fast movement. I clutch his wrists, tight enough to keep him still but loose enough as to not hurt him.

"Like fuck you will." When Pip flinches at the curse word, I make a mental note not to use them around him.

"You don't control me." He says confidentially, trying to pull his wrists free of my hold.

"Technically, I do." I remind him, "I can just possess you again."

Pip rolls his eyes, and quickly yanks his wrists free. I look down, confused. How did he possibly break out of my grip? I'm a demon!

My brief period of thought wastes time. Pip has already left the bathroom, the door slowly creaking closed behind him.

I curse under my breath. Running from the bathroom, I return to the area Gregory once was. I can see Pip is already stood in front of Gregory, a sincere look upon his face. Before words can even leave his mouth, I snap my fingers while running.

Pip jumps, head tilting to the side as he looks from Gregory to the Frenchman. Then, he waves a hand in front of Gregory's face. I watch the whole scene in amusement, as he approaches each male and touches their arms, pokes their cheeks and nudges his shoulder with theirs.

When Pip ultimately realises what has happened, he turns, an annoyed look plastered on his face.

"Damien!" He hisses, arms crossed. "You froze them?"

"Not just them," I tell Pip, motioning to a clock hung above a classroom door. "I froze time."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter will be better, trust me.