Chapter 9| Pip

I watch Damien with fascination. His fingers were fast as he pressed the buttons. He managed to beat the teen he was playing against, a boy with ice blue eyes and black hair, supporting a Space Invaders t-shirt, without mashing every button. He has just started using the machines, but he was already mastering most of the controls.

The blue eyed boy groaned as he lost to Damien once more, and I laughed. I was about to ask if I could play against Damien, when someone grabbed me by the waist, forcing their hand over my mouth.

I gasped as I was pulled behind a couple of broken machines, struggling in the stranger's grasp. My heart was racing. I could hardly breathe. Someone was holding me, hand over my mouth, muffling any attempt at a yell or shout.

Even if I did manage to scream, it wouldn't be heard over the machines.

"Hello again, James." The voice was husky, his breath hitting my neck and I grimaced. He was close to my neck, so close that his lips almost brushed it.

It's the curly haired man from the bar.

He's still holding me from behind. His hand is still over my mouth. Then, his grip loosens as he turns me in his arms. Turns me so I'm facing him. He smirks, a disgusting grin that makes me want to puke or cry. Actually, both.

"Are you, still down to fuck?" He asks.

I feel him attempt to raise my jumper and succeed. He caresses the skin of my waist, and I shiver in disgust. He chuckles to himself, obviously taking the shiver as one of pleasure.

Then he removes his hand from my mouth. I know if I scream no one will hear me, so I have to sweet talk my way out of this situation.

I try to think of a phrase, but my minds blank. Only all of the possible outcomes of this situation swimming around in my brain.

So instead of words, I speak with actions. As, you know, actions speak louder than words. I ram my fist into his stomach, but he doesn't even flinch. He laughs.

He spins me once more, pressing my back against his chest as he grips me. I struggle once more, trying to stamp harshly on his foot but missing every time.

He moves closer to my ear, whispering all of the lewd and horrific things he would want to 'do to me'. Fear flows through my veins as his hot, alcohol scented breath hits me once more.

Then, his lips press hard against my neck. It lasts a few seconds, and the spot burns as my eyes water. Then, I'm released. I stumble forward in shock, bumping into a machine. My legs feel like jelly as I use said machine to keep myself standing.

Then I see Damien. He's sat atop the pervert, swinging his fist into the man's face. First it connects with his jaw, his whole head snapping to the side. Another swing, his nose busts. Another, blood pours from a cut in his bottom lip.

Hit after hit, punch after punch. I want to stand back, want to see Damien beat this creature almost to death. Though I know it's not right.

I rush over, hands clutching Damien's shoulders as I tank him off of the man. He allows me to do so, and I feel him calm under my touch; his shoulders relax, his bloodied fists unclenching.

I'm immediately flattered by something Damien has done. He saved me from a pervert. He didn't have to, but he did. He beat him bloody, bruising and cutting his hands in the process.

I quickly brush the saviour thoughts away, now fully focused on Damien's injured knuckles. I take his hands in mine, inspecting the cuts.

"Did he hurt you, Pip?" Damien asks me, concern floating in his eyes as I lock my eyes with his.

"Barely." I assure him, finding myself holding his hands tighter. "He just, held me and kissed my neck."

"Fucking bastard." Damien curses, glancing back at the man. He's passed out, bleeding heavily from his nose and lip.

"Hey," I remove one hand from holding Damien's, cupping his cheek and turning his head to face me. His skin is soft against my palm. "Leave it. We're going home. I must tend to your knuckles."

Still holding his hand, I lead him out do the arcade.

"You could tend to other parts of me, if you're interested." Damien offers, his voice light.

"Believe me Damien," I tell him, still walking hand in hand with the demon. "I'm not."

"Worth a try."

"It really wasn't." Then, he laughs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like this update was shit