Chapter 14| Pip

While I attempt to finish the current novel I've been reading, Damien plays with my hair. He twirls it around his fingers, plaiting it then un-plaiting it. It's relaxing, and actually helps me focus on the current chapter and characters. It's the sharp ding of my phone which breaks my concentration.

Just as Damien's gaze travels to the lit screen, I snatch it and shield it from his view.

"Respect my privacy." I snap, and he mumbles.

"I have been."

I decide not to reply, and unlock my phone. The message is from Christophe . It's simple, only saying my name. I decide to reply, typing swiftly and shielding the phone from Damien's view. A message from Christophe actually made my heart soar, the events from earlier today flashing in my mind.

Gregory and Christophe are aware that I've been possessed, and I hope and pray to God that they're going to do something about it. I want.. no. I need to be free.

Christophe
Pip.

Pip
Yes?

Christophe
Prove to me you are Pip.

Pip
How?

Christophe
When is my birthday?

Pip
Only Gregory and your mother know this. How am I supposed to answer?

Christophe
It was a trick question

Christophe
Now I know it's actually you

Pip
Okay

Christophe
We know you've been possessed

Pip
Thank God

Christophe
Ew. Don't thank that cock sucking asshole, thank me and Gregory

Pip
*Gregory and I

Christophe
English is not my first language, fuck you

Pip
Sorry

Christophe
How does the Possession work?

Pip
It's quite simple. The demon, his name is Damien, can choose when he wishes to possess me. We become one, joining mentally and spiritually and he can control my actions. We separate whenever I'm home

Christophe
Are you connected?

Pip
I think so. I'm not sure what could break the bond..

Christophe
An exorcism

Before I can reply to Christophe, Damien floats before me. I hurriedly switch my phone off. Damien then places his hands over the phone, his finger tips caressing mine softly as he leans forward. He connects our lips, kissing me gently as I kiss back, shyly. The phone dings in our hands, and Damien mumbles to ignore it.

My hands itch to type, my brain screams to pull away and message Christophe back, but my body has other plans. I do ignore it, eyes slipping closed as I kiss Damien back with more force. Our lips move together in sync. As Damien tries to progress the kiss by nibbling my bottom lip, the phone erupts in a ring.

He groans, pulling away. He moves back, arms crossed and pouting. I pinch myself for finding the pout adorable.

"I'm going to get something to eat. Answer your stupid phone." He floats from the room, and I swiftly answer. Placing the phone to my ear, I rush to close the study door.

"Pip!" Gregory's voice erupts in my ear. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry I hit you. I just-"

Gregory is cut off, Christophe's voice now erupting in my ear.

"Shut up you idiot." He scolds Gregory, who complains to him. "Pip, you never replied. What 'appended?"

How does one explain to their friends, that they were kissing the demon who possesses them?

"I went to the bathroom." I lie, feeling a little guilty for making them worry.

"Thank God." I can hear Gregory now, and Christophe scolds him once more, this time for thanking God.

"Do you want an exorcism?" Christophe asks quickly, probably wondering if I'm alone or not.

I can't answer his question straight away. My mind flickers to the kiss I previously shared with Damien. A kiss I actually enjoyed. However, my life is worth more than anything I feel towards Damien. With a gulp, I answer my friends.

"Yes." From the phone, I can hear Gregory's sigh of relief.

"Good." Christophe says simply. "We 'ave everything ready, we're doing it at my 'ouse while my mère is absent."

"You got together quickly." I say shocked, and Christophe hums.

"Oui, Gregory is a fag." I can't help but laugh at Christophe's tone.

"I'll be over as quick as possible."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry the chapter is short like my dick