9. Screaming Infidelities

Weeks were passing by in a blur of colour and sex. Frank’s head was usually in some kind of a tailspin, trying to concentrate on keeping the cannons in working order and learning about Gerard’s own machinery; whilst spending his evenings watching shows always more amazing than the last and then often being called to Gerard’s wagon or having the ringmaster sneak into his and Cain’s wagon to have his wicked way with them.

Silver had been right when he had told Frank that having sex got easier, his ass didn’t hurt that much at all anymore in the mornings after nights with Gerard and as his confidence grew the sex itself got better too.

Cain and Silver seemed fairly stunned over how Gerard was treating Frank. Though whenever Gerard wasn’t sleeping with Frank he was sleeping with Maria instead, Frank didn’t seem to be the same sort of toy Cain and Silver were. Gerard often came to chat to the young mechanic whilst he was working, something he only did to Cain and Silver when he had something specific to tell them.

He was also much friendlier to Frank in public. Though he wasn’t exactly cold to Cain and Silver when the other circus folk were around, he treated them only like he treated everyone else. Frank however often had the ringmasters arm around his shoulders or waist, a gloved hand playing through his hair or a pair of lips whispering things into his ear.

Frank seemed oblivious to the way the ringmaster was treating him. He seemed to think it was just the norm and Cain didn’t have the heart to tell him otherwise in case Frank got his hopes up that it meant more than it did. Though Cain didn’t know why Gerard was treating Frank like this he refused to believe that it meant he cared for him more than the others.

Cain however, was not the only person to have noticed how the ringmaster treated the mechanic. Maria too often had her beady eyes on Frank and it was only too clear how much she didn’t like him.

Frank unhooked his feet from the ladder and gripped the sides so that he slid down it onto the ground in a matter of seconds. He landed lightly and turned to smile at Gerard who had come to watch him check over the big cannon, wearing another one of those brightly coloured suits of his complete as ever with a top hat and pocket watch. He handed Frank a rag to clean his oily hands on and leaned his weight onto his cane as he watched.

“All well?” He asked casually as Frank rubbed at his palms with the rag.

“Super.” Frank beamed, getting rid of the worst of the oil until he’d be able to wash his hands properly and he hung the rag out of the back pocket of his trousers. He then began placing everything back into his little tool box – a new one Gerard had bought for him – before closing its lid and lifting it up. “Everything set up for the show tonight?” He asked casually, Gerard grinning as he looked at Frank.

“Mhmm... of course.” He purred, pretending to examine his nails even though his hands were in their usual white silk gloves. “The acrobats have got some new choreography for it, I do hope you’ll stay to watch.” He smiled, Frank nodding as he turned to leave.

“Of course I will.” He promised, smiling gently and nodding his head at the ringmaster before starting to walk away, but Gerard called him back.

“Oh and Frankie,” Frank half turned to face him, biting his lip with a questioning smile. “My potion will need topping up tonight.” Gerard smiled, pulling his waistcoat open a little to reveal the orb in his chest with just a small amount of the viscous green liquid inside. “I’d like you to do it, so you can see how it’s done.”

“I’d like that.” Frank nodded politely, smiling warmly at the ringmaster and they shared a knowing look before Frank smirked softly. “See you later sir.” He purred, making sure to sway his hips seductively as he strutted away and Gerard chuckled fondly to himself, pouting his lips.