10. Double Trouble

“Oh dear.” Gerard sighed, rolling his eyes at the sight of his girlfriend waiting impatiently outside the wagon. “That’s not good.”

“What’s wrong?” Frank asked softly between his soft pants, struggling to raise himself up so he too could look out the window. “Who is it?”

Frank struggled over to the window and peeked out through the gap in the curtains, Gerard doing nothing to stop him and Frank nearly had a heart attack when he saw the bearded woman tapping her foot angrily on one of the wooden steps, her moustache flaring with her angry breathing.

Oh no.

“Oh God... O – Oh God... Gerard... Gerard that’s –” He couldn’t get his words out, his heart racing erratically in his chest. If Maria walked in and found them like this... there was no way they would be able to make any excuses, they were both naked and Frank was covered in cum... Both his own and Gerard’s. How was he supposed to explain that!?

“Shh, quiet! Stop panicking.” Gerard hissed quickly, letting the curtains fall closed again as he turned to grip Frank’s shoulders. His own heart was racing but not with fear like Frank’s, instead with excitement. Adrenaline was already pumping through his veins and he grinned devilishly at the terrified mechanic. “Look, just hide under the covers.” He said quickly, moving off the bed to yank on some underwear.

Frank stared at Gerard like he was mad, his eyes wide with terror. Maria would kill them both for sure, Frank didn’t know much about the woman but he knew that any woman when cheated on became erratic and unpredictable.

’Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.’

“Gerard she’ll see me –” He whimpered but Gerard shook his head, turning to glare at him in just his underwear. He pointed a finger at the bed and laid one hand on his hip, giving Frank a stern look like a father telling off a child.

“Get under the covers.” He whispered calmly and firmly. “Don’t move, don’t make a sound. I’m not gonna let her in.” He said in a ‘duh’ tone before he grabbed the purple drape and yanked it around the bed so that it was hidden from view.

Frank stayed still for a long moment as he heard Gerard unlocking the wagon door, his heart like a frightened bird in his chest but then he remembered himself and quickly burrowed beneath the sheets, hiding amidst the many blankets and cushions until the sound of Gerard greeting Maria was muffled and distant.

“Maria, my love! I wasn’t expecting you tonight.”

Frank blinked in the darkness of the blankets, a few golden hues dotted about from thinner layers where the candle light still got through. He breathed quietly against his palm, trying to be as still and silent as the dead so that Maria would not catch any sight of movement. Wouldn’t hear his heavy, sex strained breathing. Though he felt as though his frantic heart was loud enough to give him away.

“Who’s in there with you!?” Maria demanded, trying to get into the wagon but every step she made was mirrored by Gerard so that she couldn’t enter.

“What? No one is sweetheart. I’m really tired, so I just left the party early to get some much needed sleep – you know how all these early mornings get to me.” Gerard chuckled easily, his tone earnest and convincing but Maria wasn’t to be fooled so easily.

“You’re lying.” She snapped, continuing to try and push past him and just growing angrier when she couldn’t. “Let me inside Gerard! Prove it if there really is no one in there!” She eventually snapped, standing back and giving him an expectant look.

“Maria, Maria, Maria. My darling.” Gerard sighed, stepping out of the wagon, half naked as he was, and closing the door gently behind him. Luckily most of the circus folk were still celebrating so he had no worry of them being seen or overheard. “Can you hear yourself correctly? What is it you are trying to accuse me of?” He asked delicately, playing with a lock of her long, silky black hair.