12. Like A Woman Scorned

Frank smiled as he lay against Gerard’s chest, purring like a kitten as the ringmaster played with his hair. He splayed his fingers over Gerard’s chest, which by now was free of clothes since the two men were relaxing in bed, and traced patterns over the bronze door.

Gerard’s eyes were closed but a soft smile was playing about his lips, his fingers in Frank’s hair letting the younger man know he was still awake as they lay in comfortable silence. Moments like these were usually preserved for after sex, but Gerard found it surprisingly nice to be lying like this despite not having climaxed himself. It was good to just hold Frankie close and feel his warmth in his arms.

“Mm... This is nice Gee.” Frank commented quietly as he closed his own eyes, his soft eyelashes tickling Gerard’s collarbone. Gerard smiled and nodded his agreement, his hand dipping lower to cup around Frank’s waist.

“I’m so glad you’re not mad at me anymore.” He purred, turning his head to peck Frank’s hair for a moment before a loud knock at the door disturbed them from their peaceful moment.

“Ugh... For God’s sake.” Gerard groaned in annoyance, expecting it to be Cain, knocking just in case Gerard and Frank were still busy, and Gerard mentally cursed him for coming back so soon in the first place.

Frank leaned up a little with a confused expression on his face, biting his lip as he looked at the door. “I wonder who that could be...” He mused, Gerard sitting up with a scoff.

“It’s probably Cain or Silver. Hold on, I’ll get rid of them.” He sighed, sliding out of bed and patting down his hair as Frank giggled.

“Okay...” He smiled, lounging back serenely on his elbows and watching his lover open the door to tell whoever was outside to get lost. Frank had never felt happier in that moment, he had a boyfriend who he adored and was incredibly gorgeous. And they were having a loving moment in bed, it was so good to feel like this. He knew that Gerard still had to break up with Maria but after his amazing orgasm Frank had conveniently forgotten this.

He quickly remembered though when the bearded lady’s head poked around the door to stare at him with accusing eyes.

“So, I was right!” She snapped, her eyes brimming with tears and her crimson lips trembling behind her facial hair. “And after I let you make me believe you were loyal!” She all but screamed as she turned back to Gerard, stood shirtless in the middle of the wagon. His lack of clothing mixed with Frank’s total nakedness beneath the sheets was all the confirmation the bearded lady needed.

“Well!?” She demanded as Frank and Gerard just looked at her. “Try to deny it!”

“There’s no point.” Gerard shrugged calmly, not at all bothered by his girlfriends presence it seemed. Though Frank was shaking in the bed, his teeth clamped over his bottom lip as he picked nervously at a thread on the blanket.

He supposed they should have wondered if it was Maria at the door but he had been feeling so happy he just hadn’t thought about it, and now he was paying for it. He was desperate for the lady to go outside, feeling terrified with her in the tiny cabin with them, so tall she had to stoop. Frank knew that nothing he could say would justify what he and Gerard had done, and the fact he had tried to stop it for a time would mean nothing now.

“What?” Maria’s voice was dripping with ice and black olive eyes grew wide in surprise before narrowing as her fists clenched. “What do you mean? You don’t deny that you have been sleeping with him behind my back!?” She whispered dangerously, Frank almost hoping Gerard would deny it because it seemed not denying it might kill them both.

“Why should I deny it?” Gerard shrugged, apparently not feeling the same fear Frank was. “It is plain to see I think. I won’t insult your intelligence by trying to suggest otherwise.” He said innocently, Maria looking stunned again for a second before her face fell, the pain clear to see and Frank was hit by guilt so painful it was crippling.