chapter 11:growing up

Judith POV
"Lucas go find lily get a gun and hide!" I told him he ran off to find his sister and I headed towards the armory . As I was running I ran into one of the shit heads that broke in.  He grabbed my arms and pushed me to the ground.
"Hey there little lady."
Fuck.Im.Screwed.....I tried reaching for my knife but it was gone. SHIT!!!!!
He got on top of me and put his knife at my throat. I tried to move out from under him but nothing was working. This guy is fat as fuck. "Stop moving little lady.. it not gonna hurt."
I looked up at him and he had a big smile on his face. Oh god...he's gonna...rape me. He reached down to unbuckle my belt. "Get off of me you asshole!" I tried pushing him off of me but nothing was working. Ugh... why the fuck me!!!!!
"STOP!!!"
That's when he took his knife and sliced my cheek with it. I tried pushing the knife away. I felt the blood running down the side of my face. Please....somebody. Even Ron would be okay right now. I'm not giving up. I don't want some asshole doing this to me ...I don't want anyone doing this too me. "Stop moving you little bitch!" That's when I felt the knife dig into my leg. He pinned my arms above my head and reached down again for my pants. That's when blood covered my face and the guy fell beside me. I grabbed my leg in pain and heard little footsteps run over to me. "Judith..a-are you okay."
My eyes went wide. The little girl that hide behind people and who was scared of everything was standing right in front of me with a gun in her hand. "Lily?" I was still sitting on the ground holding my leg looking at lily in shock I never thought an eight year old would have to do this. I saw the tears in her eyes as she dropped the gun and tried to look at my leg. "Judith we need to get you the infirmary." She started looking around really fast and she had a look of fear in her eyes.
She was having a panic attack. "Lily.." she started breathing faster and faster. " lily stop!!" I grabbed her arm. She looked at me with tears running down her face. "Do you know where Carl is?" I asked. She gave me a small nod and I tried to stand up but I failed at that of course, so I tried again and stood all the way up. Lily grabbed my hand. " j-Judith..you can't walk." I
Looked at her "take me to my brother okay" She started leading me to him. With me barely walking and an eight  year old with a gun we should be okay......right.

Carl's POV
Lucas started panicking when we couldn't find Lily I was too. I was worried about my own sister too. I have no clue where she is but I need to find her. I don't know what I would do if I lost her.
"Lucas we will find her just calm down."

"I-I can't Carl she the only thing I have left."
I looked at the boy before me. That used to be me .....that is probably still me. I put my hand on his shoulder "look my sister out there to and so is the rest of my family..look dude ...Your like my little brother okay ...and your sister going to make it and so is mine."
We heard someone at the door and me and Lucas held up our guns.
"Go upstairs Lucas."
"What no ..."
"Lucas."
"Carl."
"Fine stay right there."
He nodded and kept his stance. I walked towards the door to see who was trying to get in. I looked back at Lucas and he nodded to show me he was ready. I turned back around and put my back against the wall. I heard the door open so I jumped out with my gun pointed towards their head.
"Um..hey"
"Enid"
I pulled her away from the door and locked it. "Carl is everything okay!'' I hear Lucas call from the other room. "Yeah it just Enid"  we walked into the room where Lucas was standing. He smiled at her. I told Lucas to go upstairs and take watch out the window and shoot anyone that has a 'W' carved on there head. Whoever these people are they will never see daylight again (damn Carl  a little harsh).  "I came to say goodbye" Enid broke me out of my thoughts. No she can't leave not now.  " help me protect this house kill anyone that comes through that door"
"I'm not staying." I sighed and turned around I'm not letting her die out there. "Your not going anywhere now sit down and help me take watch." She took her knife out and sat down and I sat down with her. We were back to back and I was waiting to say something or her to do something....you know what fuck I'll just say it. "Don't tell me goodbye."
I waited for answer. " okay....I won't"
We sat there for a few minutes until Lucas came running down stairs and was heading towards the door. "Lucas...Lucas wait!" I ran outside with my gun up and ready to shoot anybody. I was right I shot a guy in the leg but he wasn't one of us luckily.  I kept my gun up and aim towards this guy. Ron was standing there just starring at me like I was crazy.
"Please man don't kill me!" This guy probably killed everyone in here. I was caught off guard and he grabbed the end of my gun. I tried to pull it away but I couldn't so I pulled the trigger. He laid dead in front of me. Guilt was coming to me until I reminded myself that he was trying to kill me. I looked at Ron and he looked at me. " come inside you'll be safe." He looked towards the house and saw Enid standing in the door way. " No" is all he said before he took off running. "Carl!" I heard Enid call my name and I was going inside and Lucas was following behind me. I got all the way up to my door until I felt Lucas grab my arm. I turned around to see what he was staring at. It was Judith and lily. We took off running and the closer I got the more pale my sister looked. I started to get scared. We got closer and I was standing in front of my pale sister. If she didn't have lily beside her I would have mistaken her for a walker. Lily had a....gun! Why does she have a gun. Lily was covered in blood and so is my sister. I picked my sister up bridal style and Lucas picked up lily and we ran in the house. I laid my sister on the couch. " are you bit?!?"
She gave me a weak smile and spoke "no....but lost a lot of blood." Looking at my sister I remembered the first-aid kit upstairs in my room. "I'll be right back okay." She gave me a weak nod and I kissed the top of her head and stood up. "Lucas."
"I'll watch her." I shook my head and went up stairs to find what I was looking for. I found the first-aid kit in the hallway and tossed it to Lucas so he could fix her up. Now I'll just go find Enid.'she is probably in my room' I thought.As I opened the door to my room, I saw lily in the corner with her knees pulled up to her chest. "Lily?" She looked up at me and I saw tears run down her little face. "Why are you crying."
She looked away from me and put her head in her knees. I walked over to her and sat down beside her. "Can you tell me." She shook her head no. "You know I won't take no for an answer right." She smiled a little and looked at me. " C'mere." I picked her up and went to my bed. I sat down with her on my lap. "Okay lily if you tell me what happen I promise I won't tell anybody."
She held up her pinkie and smiled a bit more " pinkie promise." I chuckled at the little girl in front of me. " I carl grimes pinkie promise I will not tell anyone." She giggled which made me smile. She wrapped her small pinkie around mine and let go. "I watched m-my friend die today and I shot the.....the guy that hurt..j..judith." Damn...thats why she was covered in blood and had a gun. She started to cry some more. "Hey... hey...look everything's okay...you saved my sister and you are growing up lily.." I sighed for a minute " your gonna end up doing stuff you don't like..I know how you feel okay but there are still times when you can enjoy life even if it is shitty." I made her smile again she started giggling. "So I can eat all the chocolate pudding I want." I laughed remembering how much pudding I ate. "Haha who told you about that."
"Michonne and she said you loved it." I smiled at her. " I did actually." She laughed again and whipped the wet tears stained her cheeks. I was surprised she gave me a hug. I hugged her back. I felt her little arms wrap around my neck a little tighter "thanks Carl." I smiled and let go. This reminded me of when Judith shot her first walker back at the prison before my mom died.

Flashback
I was outside the prison while mom and dad were helping with Hershel and his leg. I heard a click of a gun a saw my sister Judith a couple feet away from a walker that was trying reach her. I took off running towards her but I kept thinking 'you not going to make it' that's when I heard it. The gun went off and I saw Judith with blood on her face and she looked like she saw a ghost. I ran up to her and pulled her in a hug "are you okay did it bite you" I felt her shake her head no. "Carl I'm scared." I looked at her. She had tears coming down her face. "Judith your gonna be okay..this is what it's like when you grow up" she whipped the tears away. " I smiled at her where did you get the gun?" She looked up at me a saw me smiling "I um.. found it Glenn and Maggie cell." She giggled .....Yep that's my sister.

Flashback over

After making sure Judith was okay I went to talk to Enid. " enid!" That's when I heard the door close. "Enid?" I walked up to my back door and found a note just laying on the floor. it had three words on it

Just Survive Somehow

I looked at the note and my stomach tied up in knots. She's gone

Judith POV
I literally felt like shit but I didn't died so I'm okay. Lucas was holding my hand and lily was drawing something for me to make me feel better. "You look like your getting better." Lucas said breaking me out of my thoughts. " aww thanks for the compliment." I giggled "shut up." He smiled and kissed my cheek. "Ewwww." I looked lily and laughed. "Lily." I said and Carl walked in "No lily right eww." I laughed at my brother and he sat down with lily. " is that for Judith?"
"Yep." She hopped down from the couch and gave me a piece of paper that had a flower on it. " thanks lily." She hugged me and I hugged her back. I looked at Carl "everything calmed down all those people that came and attacked us are dead we should be okay." Carl said me and Lucas nodded are heads and lily smiled. Today ended pretty well besides that fact that I got shot but everything else is great.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Okay guys I'm so sorry I haven't been updated but I've been busy and sick I know I suck right but besides that I hope you liked this chapter cuz It kinda took me forever to do . So guys how do feel about lily growing up now she killed someone. Do you guy think this will make her stronger or scared to do it again and what do you think about Judith and Lucas together. HELP ME THINK OF A SHIP NAME!!!! Please guys and Carl and lily are getting closer and remind him of a younger Judith....okay guys comments and votes are appreciated

Bye
😈My peeps😈