Chapter 15

Judith POV

SO....... we met this guy named Jesus and my dad and some others are going to this place called the hilltop so they can negotiate things with their leader Gregory.
Me and Carl have to stay back and watch over the place while there gone.
"Judith come down here!" My dad yelled.
Running down stairs I saw my dad, Glenn, and Carl.
Yeah me and Carl still not on good terms.
"Yes?" I asked
"We're leaving now so please be careful."
"Always am dad." I smiled hugging my dad before he left. Standing back watching Carl hug dad he said something."keep your sister safe..okay."
"I will dad."

Rolling my eyes I walked towards Glenn giving him a hug. "Stay safe Jackie chan."
"You got it shortie."
I said laughing while he ruffled my hair.
Looking back up at dad he gave me and Carl a small smile and left the house. Glenn on the other hand stayed and looked at us. "If I hear that you guys are not getting along...I will lock you two in a room together..and that's a promise." Glenn said.
"How did you know that w-"

"I have my ways...no fighting."

After that Glenn left leaving me and Carl alone in the house.
Walking towards the back door carl looked at me. "And where are you going?"

"Nowhere..." I stated

"Judith."

"Carl." I said continuing to walk to the back door before I felt a large hand around my small arm. "Just stay inside the walls until dad gets back."

Pulling my arm away turning around to face my slightly taller brother. "I'm not gonna listen to you."

His expression darken and I got a little scared because this is my brother we are talking about. "Your not leaving."

"Yes I am."
"Judith..just stay here today....please."

Looking at Carl his head was down with his hat covering his face. "Apologize to Enid."
"What."

"You heard me..now go"

"If I do your just gonna sneak out."

"I promise I'm not..I'm gonna go check up on lily."

"She still not talking to anybody."
"No.."

Lily stop talking after what happened to Lucas.

*flashback*

"Dad..are me and Lucas going on that run with you and carol."

"Yea lets go."
Walking out of the house I saw Lucas at the gate with carol. "Ready"
"Yea."

We came up on an abandoned warehouse. With our guns up we walked inside. It was clear so me and Lucas went to a little room with a bunch of food in it. "Finally." I said smiling.
"You need to smile more." Heat finding there way to my face. "Shut up Lucas."
Coming to my side he kissed my cheek walking back to put food in his bag.
"Hey we need your help in here."
"You go Judith I got it in here." Nodding my head I walked to my dad and carol. "Dad what's wrong?"

"I can't get this door unlocked can you pick the lock."

Looking up at carol I asked, "what in it?"

"Huge room with a bunch of food."
Grabbing a screw driver and putting it inside the locked door I moved it around to try and unlock the door. Finally I heard the click of the door and I pushed it open. Carol was right it was a huge room but filled with walkers.
Yelling for Lucas he came out of a small room starting to run with us.
Getting my gun out in case we get trapped I fell in the process. Looking behind me walkers were so close. I felt arms grab me looking up to see Lucas pushing me in front of him. "Judith run!"
He yelled as a walker came up behind him biting into his neck. "Lucas!!"
"Judith we got to go!" My dad yelled. carol grabbed my arm running out of the ware house. Pushing me into the car and we sped off back home.
"What about lily?" I asked wiping my tear stained cheeks. "I'll tell her when we get home carol said.
'I'm so sorry Lucas.'

*end of flashback*

"Judith?!" Carl yelled snapping me out of my thoughts. "What?"
"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."
I Walking back to the front door with Carl following me. "Go apologize to Enid because lily lives with her now." Me and Carl walked to Maggie's house since Enid and lily live with them now. Knocking on the door Enid answered it frowning when she saw Carl. "Can we talk?" Carl asked. "Umm..yeah."
Walking inside I heard Tara trying to get lily out of her room. Leaving Carl and Enid down stairs I went upstairs to find Tara trying to talk to lily through the door. "Tara?"
"Oh hey Judith." She said with a small smile. "Let me try."
I knocked on the door. "Lily can I come in please.."
A few minutes went by and still nothing. Carl and Enid came upstairs and looked at the door. "She's still in there?" Enid asked. Nodding my head, Carl walked to the door and knocked on it softly. "Lily..it's Carl..can you open the door?"
Hearing little footstep the door open revealing lily who had tear stained cheeks and red eyes from crying.
"Can I stay with carl?" She asked. "Yea." Tara said.
Watching the little girl run to Carl, she jumped up in his arm hugging him tightly. "I'm gonna take her downstairs."

I turned to Enid looking at her. "Did he-"
"Yea he apologized."
Turning back around Enid stopped me before I could walk away. "How are you holding up?"
I know she was talking about Lucas. "I'm just glad I got to know him."
"Me too.." Enid said.

"I miss him." I said crossing my arms. "We all do but we have to stay strong for lily."
Nodding my head we went down stairs. Hearing water running I looked over to see Tara washing dishes and Carl braiding Lily's hair. Enid and I began giggling. "What?" Carl asked smiling a bit.
"You know how to braid hair?" Enid said pushing a piece of hair behind her ear. "Yea..my friend Beth taught me how.." seeing him smile a little made me happy. We miss Beth but she doesn't have to deal with this world anymore.
"Hey Tara is Olivia in the armory today?"
"Yea."
"Okay thanks." Grabbing a strawberry from a bowl I exited the house heading towards the armory.
Hearing footsteps behind me, I stopped to see Carl. "What now." I whined
"You promised."

"Yea..I promise I wasn't going alone."

"Judith."
"Stop treating me like a little kid."
"Your 14 what am I supposed to do?"
"Not treat me like a child!" I said getting annoyed.
"Your no-"

"I'll go with her."
Looking behind Carl, I saw Enid walking our way. Carl looked back at me and Enid sighing. "Okay fine but be back in an hour."
"We'll be back soon."

Okay guys so here's an update finally on this book and hopefully there will be more soon thank you for sticking around in this book.
THANK YOU!
❤️❤️