chapter 1

Simon and his best friend Clary were out drinking illegally at a bar and they walked out when they didn't want to drink anymore. They ran into 3 people and Clary said, "Hello! Sorry for running into you!"

Jace said, "You can see me. I'm invisible."

Simon said, "No you're not. Nice tats."

Alec said, "They're shadowhunters. Bring them to Magnus'."

They got to Magnus' and went in. Magnus said, "Hello darling! Who are these 2?"

Alec said, "They can see us."

Magnus said, "I see. What are your names?"

Simon said, "I'm Simon Lewis and this is my best friend Clary Fray or Fairchild."

Alec said, "Your father was James Lewis. Your grandparents left the shadow world when they had your dad. He was a shadowhunter and so was your mom when she met him, but she left it too. Clary, your mother left before she had you and your father was never found out. We have to take them to Idris. Send a fire message and make a portal. Isabelle, grab Simon. Jace, grab Clary." They got a message back and they went through the portal.

They got to the gard and went in. The inquisitor said, "Alexander Lightwood, who are these 2?"

Alec said, "Clary Fairchild and Simon Lewis."

Everyone gasped. The inquisitor said, "They can see you when you're invisible. Put a rune on them. Voyence rune will be put on them." Alec nodded at Jace. Jace put the rune on Clary and it stayed. They gasped. Alec put the rune on Simon and it stayed. They gasped. The inquisitor said, "They'll train at the New York institute. Luke Garroway probably knew about Clary because he is her father. He didn't tell us." Alec nodded and left with his siblings and Clary and Simon.

They got to the institute and Clary said, "Let me call my mom." Alec nodded.

Clary called her mom and she was there 10 minutes later with Luke. Jocelyn said, "Alec, I'm sorry. I left and after I left, I found out that I was pregnant and I couldn't tell anyone who her real father is. Luke is her father. Before he got turned, we had an affair and I got pregnant. Simon's father told me about Simon and that I had to protect them both when he died. I have been."

Alec said, "The council knows now. They stay here to train now. Magnus has a meeting with me and the other downworlder representatives in the sanctuary. They have to meet Simon and Clary. You can come too." Jocelyn nodded.

They got to the sanctuary and they saw Raphael and Melorian coming. Raphael said, "Hello Magnus and Alec!"

Alec said, "These are our 2 new shadowhunters Clary Fairchild and Simon Lewis. They are off limits to everything until their training is done."

Simon looked at Raphael and smiled. Raphael smiled back and he sniffed the air. Raphael sighed and put his head down. Raphael said, "We have a problem Alec. Simon's my mate. I can smell it."

Alec said, "That may be of use to us all. 3 downworlder and shadowhunter relationships. Simon and Raphael. Me and Magnus. Luke and Jocelyn. This is surely going to help all our alliances. Simon gets to choose where he lives, but Clary stays here. I can tell she's trouble."

Simon said, "My family is dead because of an accident. I'll stay with Raphael." Clary yelled and Magnus held her back. Simon said, "I've known it's my duty since my father told me he was special and that he could see things no one else could. Don't worry Clary. I'll be okay." Alec handed Simon his stele and Simon made runes appear on his skin. Simon said, "Strength, agility, balance, the angelic rune, deflect rune, and more." Simon put his stele in his pocket and nodded.