chapter 4

He was on the roof of a building and he was invisible to mundanes. He was on top of the university building. Simon felt something behind him and he threw a dagger at them. Magnus said, "You shouldn't throw a dagger at me."

Simon said, "Why are you here?"

Magnus said, "You. I know why you're on top of this building Simon. You want to go back to school and finish university. Clary doesn't want to do that anymore, but you do. Just talk to Raphael and Alec and they may let you go back if it's the right thing for you. All you have to do is ask. Raphael is worried about you."

Simon said, "I'll never be able to go back to uni because I'm different now and the demons will come after me. My life is different now and it will never change. Doing uni would be betraying my kind and Raphael. I can't do that to any of them."

Magnus said, "Just talk to them sweet pea. I'll be right there with you if you want me to be." Simon nodded. Magnus made a portal and he pulled Simon through.

They weren't outside the institute. They were in the sanctuary. Simon gasped and he felt arms around him. Simon said, "Raphael." Raphael started talking in rapid Spanish.

Magnus said, "Raphael Santiago, calm the hell down. I was watching him the whole time. Simon has something to say." Simon shook his head. He couldn't do it.

Alec said, "Simon, it's okay. Magnus recorded your conversation and he sent it to us. We know exactly why you ran and we want to talk to you."

Raphael said, "Bebé, it's okay. Let's talk. You want to go back to university and have fun. You're no different from before bebé."

Alec said, "We will let you go on a few conditions. Raphael goes with you. You come back here after school and do your homework and train. You go out on patrol when we need you."

Simon said, "I can do those 3 things easily." Alec nodded.

Alec said, "You and Raphael start tomorrow. We kind of knew ahead of time because of the mate bond. You can also see each others thoughts or minds if the other allows it." Simon nodded and smiled. He started training with everyone.

At 1pm, Simon grabbed his head and he grabbed some paper and a pen. He started drawing a rune and then more runes. He stopped and everyone looked at the paper. There were runes on both sides of the paper. Simon said, "What just happened?"

Magnus said, "This hasn't happened since the beginning of the shadowhunters. Those runes are from the angels above us. You have to have pure angel blood and your blood has to be of the angel that is sending you the runes. You have a connection to that angel. Your angel has a name. What's the name Simon?"

Simon said, "The angel who's blood created us all. Raziel is the angel."

Magnus said, "Do these runes have names?"

Simon said, "He told me I could name them. He told me that I can create runes like any rune I want. These ones all have names." Simon wrote down the names.

He started drawing something else and he gasped when he let go of the pencil. Alec said, "Simon, what's wrong?"

Simon said, "The rune I just made is an immortality rune. The clave won't accept it."

Alec said, "Magnus, portal us to the gard." Magnus nodded and they all jumped through the portal.

They were at the gard and Simon told the council everything. Then he showed them the runes. Then he showed them the second piece of paper and the name underneath it. The council gasped. The inquisitor said, "You just created a rune because the angel said you can. Why immortality though? That's my question."