Chapter one

This guy has been staring at me for ten minutes now, trying not to make it obvious. He's not doing a very good job. I stare back at him across the park.

I have nothing better to do. I'm waiting for a representative of the Seelie Court to come and escort me into the Court. Last time I just walked in. The Queen wasn't to happy about being interrupted. Especially by a Shadowhunter.

So anyway, I'm sitting on a park bench waiting for someone to collect me, trying not to draw attention to myself. Which is kinda hard, considering I'm dressed in an all black outfit (usual Shadowhunter gear) with a long black coat; to try and conceal my weapons. Unless you haven't figured it out yet, I'm not using a glamour.

I didn't have time, and not about to do it now. The park is to crowded with people, and what are they gonna think, if I pull out a long, sharp knife, start drawing on myself and then suddenly disappear into thin air.

I'm trying to avoid the Clave as much a possible at the moment. So scaring the crap out of a couple hundred mundanes would not help my situation. I'd have half the Clave looking for me, a quarter trying to figure out how to punish me and the rest, trying to figure out what to have for dinner. God, I hate the Clave!

Just then a tall, slender man with delicate features and pointed ears appears in front of me. Meliorn. I jump a little and glare at him. He smile at me with a amusement. 

"Do i amuse you?" I ask him with an annoyed look on my face. His smile just grows wider.

"Not at all." He says. "I bring a message from the Queen. Will u accept it?"

"Of course. I haven't been waiting here for 2 hours just to see your smug faerie face." His smile disappears as quick as it appeared.

"The Queen will not see you today. She is preoccupied with matters far more important. She send her  sincerest apologies."

I'm pretty sure my face turned bright red. "She's sorry! I have waited here for 2 hours with some creep staring at me, only to find out she can't see me! And she's SORRY!" I storm off, not caring about what he was about to say, cause honestly, I Don't Care!