Chapter ten

Once I'm ready, I walk down the steps and meet the group at the bottom.

"You ready to go?" I ask as I reach the last step.

"Let's go" says Alec.

We walk out of the building, saying goodbye to Jordan on the way out.

We walk 7 blocks until we reach our destination, and this time I remembered the glamour, so I don't get any strange looks this time.

When they finally stop, I almost crash into them because they do it so suddenly.

I stare at the grand-oak doors of this ancient mansion like building. They're HUGE! The widows are all smashed and boarded, the house looks like it's about to collapse in on itself, and the house is falling apart in general.

"Typical. Why is it always the creeping, haunted looking houses that are the ones that attract demons and phsyco's?" I say. Every one looks at me and nod their heads, agreeing with me.

"Are we just gonna stand here in the cold or are we gonna go in?" Clary asks.

We all approach the massive house. I'm careful when opening the door, to be as gentle as possible, so the house doesn't cave in.

When the house stays standing, we enter the house, where I am immediately swooped by a small, winged demon.

It swoops me again, but this time I'm ready for it. I simply raise my blade and the demon flies right into it.

We cross the foyer to a grand stair case that leads left or right, depending on where you want to go.

"OK, Izzy, Simon and Alec take the left corridor at the top of the stairs and Clary, Kyla and I will take the right." Jace says.

We split up without so much as a goodbye or good luck, not that I expected to get one, but the others...

We walk down the right corridor. It's full of old portraits of snotty rich people, covered in gold jewellery, diamonds, rubys, emeralds and dressed in expensive material. I roll my eyes and continue walking.

We reach a door at the end of the corridor. Jace opens it slightly to check the inside is safe, then pushes the door open fully.

We step inside, weapons drawn just in case, but not prepared for what is to come.

Instead of being charged at or surrounded by demons, we are surrounded by netting, now hanging several metres off the ground.

I hear a diabolical laugh and feel something jabbed into my arm.

The last thing I remember is a blood curtling scream before blacking out.