Chapter two

I reach me bike and lean against it. I stand there for a while thinking. I'm never going to see the Seelie Queen again because she never tells you what you want to know anyway.

I just thought that she might be able to help. I'd have better luck asking that warlock.... Micheal Brent? Mark Barrow? Magus Bane! That's it, Magnus Bane.

I look up and see people staring at me with strange looks, whispering to each other. All I can make out are; "Strange, weird, talking to shadows."

I really hate this, so I yell "Yeah, well I'm sure someone yelling at nothing isn't the strangest thing you've all seen! Look over there! There's a blue panda bear dancing with a red daisy!" Surely enough, they all looked. Gullible idiots! Which gave me enough time to get on my bike, put the key in the ignition and drive off. 

About 20 minutes later, I arrive at my rented apartment. I pull up and nearly run over one of my neighbors. "Jesus, Jordan! I could have killed you! " I yell. "Yeah, well you seriously need to learn the term ' slow down'" He answers.

I laugh. "In your dreams Kyle" I reply. " A guy can dream." He retorts before walking off.

I park my bike behind the building, grab my keys and head one inside. My room is next to empty and extremely clean.

I don't own much, cause I'm constantly moving around and I only use the room for sleeping and to store my stuff, so I don't have much to make a mess. It's also quite handy for if I need to leave in a hurry. 

On my way up I see Jordan's room mate, Simon, on his way down. "I nearly ran over your room mate on my way in, if your looking for him." I say.

"Thanks Kyla. And you might want to consider paying attention to the speed limits. Just a suggestion." He says.

"I'll think about it, but no promises"