Chapter twelve

Jace and I follow this mystery man down a never ending hall way.

The lights are bright and hurt my eyes. My eyes start to drift closed, but I stop them in time so I don't bump into the man in front of me, when he stops suddenly.

We are stopped out the front a white door, that almost blends in with the rest of the hall way.

He opens the door and motions for my and Jace to enter. So we do.

I see Little Red lying on a table unconscious. I hesitate but Jace doesn't. He races over to her side.

He only makes it half way before he is thrown backward by an invisible force. 

He lies there, now unconscious as well, and the man has  closed the door behind us.

I approach the table with extreme caution and then suddenly stop 2 metres away from the table.

I notice motion detectors positioned on the wall, aimed around Clary's table.

I step forward one step and a powerful, invisible force races my way.

Luckily, I have fast reflexes and am able to move out of the way, only setting off another gust.

I manage to dodge every blast thrown my way, until I reach Clary, where, a not so invisible barrier awaits me. It's probably meant to be transparent, but the light shines on it, making it shimmer.

Great. I reach out to touch the barrier. Stupid I know. I jerk back my hand.

I look around, trying to find the power source, being careful not to move.

I groan in frustration as Jace begins to stir.

He climbs to his feet and I tell him to stay put.

"What are you waiting for?" Jace says and goes to move forward.

I try to stop him, but he's a thick headed male, and he's throw backwards again

I roll my eyes and turn my focus back to Clary and the barrier.

I look around again and notice two sensors on opposite walls.

I reach down and slowly, careful remove my shoe.

I empty the contents onto my hand, which is about a dozen rocks.

Jace raises an eyebrow and I shrug.

I throw a rock and take out one of the sensors.

The intensity of the barrier decreases by half, but still too strong to push through.

I throw another rock and it gets blow away by the wind force thing.

I have to throw several others until I take out the sensor.

I replace my shoe, and arouse Clary.

"What? ...... Where?...... JACE?!" She goes to stand but is too weak.

"It's okay, Clary. Jace is over there," I say, pointing him out. "But right now we have to get out of here."

"Jace I need you to take out the control panel," I say. "There should be a big red button that says 'shut down'. I need you to press it otherwise Clary and I will be stuck here."

He races over and slams his hand down on the control panel.

The motion detectors immediately shut down. Jace runs over and picks up Clary, hold her close to his chest.

I lead us out the door, which isn't locked and down the hall way, which isn't guarded at all.

We burst out the front door and down the street. 

No one has followed us, which right now I don't care.

We need to get back to the institute.

Half way there, Jace lets Clary down and lets her run holding onto his hand.

It isn't long until we reach the institute.

I make it as far and the front steps, when I collapse and black out.