Chapter Fifteen

STEVE

STEVE

Chapter Fifteen

Matthew Davis was struck by her beauty as she walked through his door. She looked disheveled and put through the wringer, her face was slightly pink, her eyes had that glassy tearful look to them but she was glorious and his body let him know it, even in that shapeless outfit. He told himself to snap out of it, this was not about his lust, it was about Davis Corp and everyone that depended on him and this company for their livelihoods and most importantly it was about those babies living in squalor, with her.

As she walked forward, he said nothing. He watched her face pale, heard her gasp of breath and for a moment he wondered if she would faint, he tensed, ready to go to her if that was the case, she steadied and stood behind his visitor chairs and waited. He wanted to be a gentleman as his mother taught him, but this was about having the upper hand to negotiate and right now he could not save the damsel, he had to make her weak with nerves and tension. He knew he was close with that look on her face and he knew she knew it too. "Miss Dean, it's good to finally meet you." He said, quite satisfied with the pregnant silence, heavy with tension. She flushed further with his greeting, interesting Matt thought and filed that reaction away for later, she looked ready to flee, her eyes were wide, her lips slightly parted and that perverted part of him wondered if that is how she looked at the edge of orgasm.

"MmmMr Davis." She whispered, to his ears, her voice sounded husky and his lust rose just a bit higher on hearing the hitched breathy tone, again, his mind which he seemed to be losing to his lust wondered if that was how his name would sound as her brought her pleasure... damn it.. Concentrate Davis, the strategy at hand is more important than getting off. Matt, noticed that she had gripped the seat in front of her like a life raft, as if it was the only thing keeping her afloat, her knuckles were white with force, hmmm. Interesting, she had not been in his presence for more than 10 minutes and she looked ready to shatter, Matt thought to himself, letting the silence continue, he obviously had the advantage, so why not be consolatory? "Mr Davis, I, I think you know why I am here", she carried on, interjecting, just as Matt was about to ask her to be seated Well, well, well, Matt thought, her crown of fire also denoted some sass, he liked, smirking, as he eased himself into his chair he spoke, "Have a seat, Miss Dean, and we can get on with the business at hand" he said confidently.

He watched as she pulled out the chair, she has a death grip on and as she sat, her skirt, shifted just above her knee, showing a hint of her pale thighs, and Matt's lust raged within, he stiffed and mentally berated himself, this was not the first woman to show him her flesh and here he was, behaving like a pubescent boy getting his first look at a woman. Get a grip man, think with your head – the one with the brain, clearing his thought and taking a breath, needing the extra oxygen to go to his brain desperately. He blamed his reaction on sleepless nights and stress.

.....................................................................................................................................

Steve's phone buzzed, he looked at the reply he received and frowned. Looked at the woman next to him and his from deepened, he replied and waited. She was one the phone now, speaking softly, but he could hear her words and the tears in her voice as she spoke to someone named Kris. His phone buzzed again damn, he already knew what the reply was, before he looked, had his orders... sometimes doing your job sucked... big time. And this was the precise reason one did not get emotionally involved with the subject, ok so she was not his subject before he got transfixed by her aura of vulnerability, unconventional beauty and that air of innocence but that was just part of the semantics and now he was going to be her constant shadow.

Witha heavy sigh, Steve knew that his usual way of working with his subjects wouldbe out the window with him, even though he had gained her reticent trust, hewas about to lose it and that did not bode well for long term assignments andhe had this feeling that this was going to be a lifetime position – hisprotective instincts regarding this woman were on another level, the only otherperson who could reach this level was is little sister and thank heaven she wastucked away as Stanford Medical School being overworked to reach her dreams,and he could not have been prouder.Steve did not work easy with deception, he believed in truth and knowing everypotential problem before hand and this was no different, he had to tell her whohe was, and what his current job was and also somehow reassure her that theirmeeting was not engineered but accidental before they got off at her stop. Withthe way Angel had looked before boarding the train and right now, that was notgoing to be easy for him or her.