Chapter eleven

Unaware of the drama happening in reception, Sam walked into Matt's office and noted that his friend looked tired and worn. "hey man, you ok?" Sam questioned, "you don't look like you got much rest" he stated. Matt looked up at his friend and smirked, "No, i'm not ok, but i will be. And i didn't get much rest, this mess it's not going to end soon, as i see it." Matt replied. Sam sat down and sighed, "we have her, where she stays, where she works - we have it all. It's almost over my friend." He said, glad he could relieve his friend just a bit, sorting this mess out with Angel would help stabilize the situation.

Matt listened to Sam and felt relief wash over him, it was almost over "Really? Can i see?" Matt asked feeling just a little bit excited, Sam picked up the folder and handed it to Matt... that is all the intel we have and i have teams doing recons now" Sam stopped speaking and answered his phone mid buzz. "Yes? huh.... ok send me the pictures i want to see how bad it is, really? Ok keep me posted." He tapped his phone and opened his email, this was not good - he looked up at Matt who seemed to be absorbing the information he was reading and paying little attention to him. "Matt, we have visuals on her apartment, if it can be called that - more like a hole in the wall than an apartment and from what we gather, the place is being condemned and that means Angel and your nieces and nephew are about to be homeless."

Matt looked over at Sam and stopped his pacing, his mind working on a way to make this situation work for them, "we can't wait, tonight, we need to see her tonight... let me see the pictures" Sam handed him his phone and Matt swore, "we definitely have to get them tonight, they can't spend another night in that - use any means necessary" Matt said feeling like his world was being ransacked and there was nothing he could do, he needed to take charge and be in control. Sam nodded and asked, "Have you and the PR babies figured out how to handle the situation yet?" Sam realized that the landscape was about to change and there was going to be babies involved and that ment protecting them from the vultures. "they are working on it as we speak, the only problem is that they don't have much to work from - but they are definitely working for their pay." Matt replied, feeling the begging of a tension headache forming. He frowned and wondered what PR damage control Gina's family was doing, he knew that they needed to co-ordinate their efforts in regards to Gina, Mark and Gale. He picked up his phone and asked his assistant to call the company PR people and have them meet him for lunch in conference room two.

"I need to go man, i have a boy genius to congratulate and i need to make plans for the extraction team, also the Davis home needs to be updated to accommodate four new arrivals."Sam reminded Matt. As Sam was about to leave a call came in, Matt answered, "Yes? who? Where is she? Now? Yes let her up now and cancle any meetings i had before lunch, i do not want to be disturbed - call the lawyers as well and tell them to meet in the boardroom immediately." Matt said hurriedly, he looked at Sam, who was watching him with a curious expression on his face. "She is here, Angel is downstairs." Matt stated, feeling shell shocked and a bit ambushed.

Sam swore, "well fuck me!" Matt looked at him with confusion, "I thought i saw her downstairs as i was rushing to the elevators, it's that red and gold hair but i discounted it." Sam said feeling all kinds of an idiot, how many times had his gut instincts been better than right? Matt looked at him slightly bemused and said, "no matter, she is here - looks like she got one up on us, but we can make this work. We don't need to wait till tonight."

Rachel put down the phone and looked at the woman and wondered, not for the first time, who she was and what relationship she had with either of the Davis brothers. "you can go on up Miss Dean, the executive elevator is to your right." Rachel said and her phone rang again "Davis Corporation, Settle office... how can i help?" Angel stood and for a moment didn't know what to do with her glass, Rachel looked up and motioned for her to leave the glass on the glass table in front of her.

Angel mouthed, thank you and walked to the elevator.