The importance of life energy in Estruna.

Lets talk about life energy, the very thing that Guardians run on.

Since mortals don't live forever, they don't need such magic. But Guardians do. In order to kill one, you'd have to do something that would take that energy away.

If a Guardian loses all of their life energy, they die. But the results of them losing only most of it are catastrophic. They become almost zombie-like, rotting and decaying away while they're still technically alive. Which also means that they can feel it when they're rotting. They can feel their brains slowly becoming slower and slower, their hearts beating less consistently. It becomes hard and painful to breath or move. But they stay alive, living through suffering until their brains stop working completely.

Life energy can be restored through a process of another Guardian offering a small, non-lethal amount to them. But one Guardian can only lose about 10% of their life energy until it becomes dangerous.

Here is a fake x-ray of what life energy looks like inside of a Guardian.

The color strongly varies depending on who the Guardian is.

Lesson learned? A Guardian without life energy isn't much of a Guardian at all.

~Aly