More on The Psych Ward: A note from Patient #0451

April 5th, 1986.
Day #502 in The Psych Ward.
Author of Journal Entry: Patient #0451

No matter what they tell you, The Psych Ward is not a good place. It is filled to the brim with people who have the most messed up ideologies, and they use children for their own sick and twisted experiments.
Those drugs they give us? I have seen what they do. They worsen our symptoms to the point of us losing all grasp on reality, forcing us to "need more treatment" and stay here in this hell hole.
I've also seen what they've done to her. They locked her up and forced her to submit. They don't even allow her to talk to me anymore. But I don't care. I have my ways of speaking with her. The guards are easy to fool, and all I have to do is say I'm going to the "bathroom".
But even so, she goes through more torment than all of us. The others say she's crazy because of her being able to hear beyond. I don't think she's crazy. She's just scared and confused like all of us. But she's the smartest out of all of us. Even when they started to force more drugs down her throat, she found a way to throw them back up right after she's done eating. It's taken a toll on her health, but it's better than those damn drugs.
That new girl..the oldest one out of all of us...she is strange. She doesn't talk to anyone, and she's so jumpy. I hear she once broke a girl's jaw. We're all too afraid of her, so we leave her alone.
The other patients never talk to me, either. Unless it's that one girl with the long hair. She seems too friendly for my liking, so I'm not surprised. But I think everyone else is afraid of my record. I wish they didn't make those things public. I'm already an outcast, especially after I accidentally showed everyone my scars and the cigarette burn marks on my arms.
The doctors don't know about this journal, so I plan to keep it hiden. Otherwise, they might have me locked up, just like they did to her. I don't need that, and neither does she. We both need at least one of us to see to the other side.

~Aly