06

"We've made like two dollars, how is that bus tire ever going to get fixed," Kyungsoo complained.

"We just have to wait for Chanyeol to get back," Baekhyun said reassuringly, "He said he had an idea."

"I don't think we should put so much faith in an idea of his," Kyungsoo retorted.

"That's mean."

Chanyeol came back with his guitar, "Can any of you sing well?"

I could sing good but I was too shy to sing in front of people. Baekhyun and Suho volunteered to sing. It actually got more people to put money into the box.

"You guys are incredible," I complimented.

Xiumin sat behind the table counting money, "Are you going to sing too?"

"Me?" I laughed, "No."

He raised his eyebrows, "People are more likely to donate if the first year with a cute face is singing rather than these old farts. They'll think things like "oh that poor thing!"

"Xiumin-hyung, I think that only works with little kids," Kyungsoo said.

"You and Chen are basically little kids, why don't you do some work?"

Kyungsoo and I were both too shy to sing in front of people.

"We still need like four hundred dollars," Xiumin put the money back in the box, "A first-year performance is what we need."

"What would we even get out of it?" Kyungsoo whined.

"We get our bus working again, also if we make extra money we can get new equipment and uniforms."

"You sure are talkative today, Xiu," Suho mentioned.

"Do you have a problem with that?"

"Not if you can get the first years off their asses," Suho raised an eyebrow.

"Whatever, old man," Sehun scoffed, "I can't sing anyways."

Xiumin grinned, "I bet Chenny Chenny can sing."

"Chenny Chenny? That's so gross, hyung," Chonglin made a disgusted face.

"I'm gonna puke," Kai pretended to throw up. I hid my face in embarrassment.

"Just because I sound nice right now doesn't mean I won't kick your asses," Xiumin warned, "Chen, you should sing. If any of you laugh at him I will murder you personally."

"Ready, Chen?" Chanyeol started playing a song that he knew everyone knew. My voice started off shaky until I could get into the song.

"I was right!" Xiumin held up some money, "We made twenty bucks for that one song."

"Yay!" Lay clapped, "It's because our Chen is so cute."

"He sings good too!" Kai said.

"Stop, you're embarrassing him," Xiumin said.

Lay pointed at Xiumin with the cookie in his hand, "And you're not? Putting him on the spot like that."

"I-I'm not embarrassed, no need to argue," I giggled. Kyungsoo joined me singing. A lot of old ladies told us we were "sweet" or "cute" and gave us way too much money.

"It always gets the grandmas," Xiumin muttered.

"I thought it was just because our singing was good."