Chapter 10

Mother?

Waking up, twelve soon to be thirteen year old Jongin rubbed his eyes. Pushing off the ragged blankets off his thin body he walked to the small kitchen where he saw a cupcake with a candle on it.

"Happy birthday to you," his mother popped up behind the counter, "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Jongin, happy birthday to you." She smiled widely and gave the thin boy a tight embrace.

"Thanks mom." He smiled gently.

"I have a very important present for you." She smiled widely.

"What is it mom?" He beamed with excitement.

"We are moving to South Korea with your father!" She cheered.

Jongin's smile faded, "No, I don't like brother Yixing." He crossed his arms and frowned.

"I know Yixing isn't your real big brother but he changed, he wants to be your older brother." She tried to convince him but hearing her say that he wanted to become his older brother made him smile.

"Really?" He smiled.

"Yeah! He told me how he wanted to play games with you and teach you new things." She encouraged.

"I want to go!" He jumped up happily.

"So is that a yes?" A males voice sounded behind Jongin. Turning around he jumped and went running into his father arms, "Dad!" He smiled.

While hugging his father he saw Yixing's intimidating stare, Jongin tried so hard to avoid it but he couldn't. He felt intimidated and nervous but then when he looked up again instead of glaring Yixing was smiling at him while having his arms open.

Jongin smiled and naturally fell into those comforting arms. "Let's get out if this nasty place." Their father said and opened the door.

That same day they flew to South Korea, there Jongin and his mother were exposed to proper meals and nice fitting clothes. Jongin felt happy being with his mother father and older brother but as happiness comes so does sadness.

One day as Jongin came home he witnessed the most horrifying sight. His eyes watered as he watched his older brother's slim figure fall harshly to the ground after a loud slapping sound echoed across the room.

"How dare you bring these putrid grades to my house!" Their father yelled harshly.

Jongin's eyes made eye contact with his father which made him want to quickly scatter away but it was too late when he was pulled by his backpack and pushed in front of Yixing. "Learn from your little brother! He has exceeding grades." And with that the middle aged man walked away.

"Are you okay?" Jongin hugged Yixing and rubbed his red cheek.

"I'm okay." He chuckled and got up. "Let's go." He smiled and mentioned for them to go.

Nodding Jongin followed Yixing into the streets of their neighborhood. "Your birthday is coming up, is there anything that you want?" Yixing asked.

"There is but your going to laugh at me." Jongin confessed while looking down.

"I won't." Yixing rolled his eyes, his attitude made Jongin uneasy and it made him kind of not want to share what he wanted to say.

"I-I want something to cuddle, ever since we came here with dad, mom doesn't hug me." Jongin shrugged while kicking some pebbles out of the way when suddenly he was pulled forcefully by the collar.