Karoke

Karoke

How can she work like that? She's always on her computer. Does she even have any friends?

I had gone over there to be nice, but it seemed like she didn't even want me to! What was I even interrupting, studies to be a doctor? EESH. I could
Never be doctor. That profession is so boring. Plus, you have to be smart. That is something I'm not.

I want to get a job singing Reggae, which is why I LOOOOOOVE this cafe.

Elvis is who plays the guitar for me. He's also my best friend whom I meant during our childhoods when I was 10. I am 21 and Elvis is 23.

My dream is to one day hear my song on my M-Chip. I just want to think my name and hear my voice playing in my mind.

All I hear now when I think my name is "Yes, that is your name. What song do you want?" How can it know my name though? Probably some weird complicated doctor stuff.

If I think of a song, it plays through my M-Chip and into my mind. If it's too loud, think "down" to make it quieter and "up" to make it louder. Think "pause" to pause and "play" to play. There might be other controls that I don't remeber.

Elvis and I were at the cafe because we were listening to some reggae pieces of music to get an idea for a song. This cafe has a list. We are hoping to write our first song soon.

"I want to call it 'Hope'. It should be about how everyone should have hope in life," I suggested, taking a big bite out of my chocolate scone.

"I like it, but it's a bit cliche. How about how anyone can be what they want to be if they try hard enough," Elvis said. He took a sip of his Machacino.

"I like that! Isn't that still cliche? Not that I care. We can call it 'Believe'!!" I said covering my mouth so he would have to watch me chew. I swallowed.

"What about 'Dream Big'?" Elvis said.

"I like 'Believe' better," I frowned.

"Okay, I chose what it's about, you can have the title."

"Yay!"

We laughed.

"How about we both write, and tomorrow we share?" I suggested.

"Sounds good," he said. I packed up my things really fast and scraped my scone down my throat. I washed it down with some water.

"I have to go, my mother needs help at the M-Chip factory again."

"Bye, Karrie," he said with a look that said again?

I rushed out. My mother had told me before I left for Cafe Reggae to go help her after I was done.

I hopped on my bike and rushed off.

When I got to the facility, I rolled my bike over to the bike rack (shaped like a music note of course) and chained it to it.

I ran inside and my mother was already waiting for me.

"Hi Mom!" I exclaimed.

"Hey sweetie," she said, kissing my forehead.

"What did you need help with?" I asked, glad my mother waned my help.

"I need you to go to the basement and grab some extra M-Chips and then sort them to match the color of the chip to the patient. Mrs. Rock is expected to have a blue M-Chip baby which means..."

"It needs extra sound waves because their hearing isn't good," I responded almost automatically. This was the only doctor thing I understood.

"Correct! Can you do this now?"

"Of course Mom!"

"Great. I have to go talk to a patient that is having trouble."

"Bye!" I said. Then I headed towards the stairs.

I knew my way around here as if a map was glued to my hand.

I headed down the stairs and turned the lights on.

Then, I got to work organizing the M-Chips by color.

My M-Chip is red, which means my hearing is advanced so I do not need extra volume added to my M-Chip.

Blue is the worst hearing, green is medium, and red is the best.

After I had finished organizing, I had to send each chip on a conveyor belt to bring it up to the doctors office.

I placed them on, and went back upstairs.

"Is that all Mom wanted me to do?" I asked the receptionist.

"Yes," she replied.

All of that just to organize? Huh, I thought.

"Oh alright..." I said tapping the desk with my fingernails. I sighed.

"I guess I'll go now," I said.

I went outside, closing the door behind me. I went to my bike and unlocked it, and started to ride home.

I don't have to go home, I could probably go over to Elvis' house. Maybe go to the Cafe again? Ooh I could go to the Concert Center and see who's playing.

With that in mind, I drove to the Concert Center which is a park with a stage and grass in a hilltop. There was always someone playing.

I turned my bike around and started for the Concert Center.