Confusion

Jazz

The last thing I remembered before I passed out was Elvis hovering over me with a bloody hand.

I slowly opened my eyes to find that I was in a strange house. I carefully sat up and examined the room.

I had been lying on a couch. There was a huge TV on one wall and a painting on another. Next to the couch was a chair, and in the chair was a man. He was reading some documents.

I coughed to get his attention. He looked up at me.

"Hey there," he said.  I didn't respond, and just looked down at myself to see that I was wearing a white jumpsuit. That was not what I was wearing before. Ew, I hated wearing white.

"Did you change my clothes for me?" I asked, feeling totally invaded. I covered myself.

"Yes, and might I say I did quite enjoy it," he smirked.

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE YOU-" I started to yell. I got up from the couch and started towards him.

"Calm down, sweetheart," he said, smoothly. He got up from the chair. He grabbed my shoulder and pushed me back.

"Don't make me knock you out, sweetheart."

"Stop calling me that," I retorted.

"Now you are going to come with me, or I'll have throw you out like a piece of yesterday's garbage," he said. He grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the house.

"Where's your bike?" I asked.

"I don't need a bike," he sneered. Just then, a strange vehicle pulled up in front of the house.

"This is my car," he said," I snuck it into the city." I looked at it with wide eyes. Was this his kidnapping vehicle?

He walked towards the "car" and opened a door.

"Come on, and stop gaping," he said. I walked towards it, but I was not quite sure how to get in.

"Oh for God's sake," he mumbled. He walked over to my side, opened the door I was standing in front of, and shoved me inside.

"Watch it, pal," I retorted. I sat up in the seat. He grabbed some strappy thing and put it over me.

"This is a seatbelt, it'll keep you safe," he explained, obviously annoyed.

"Doesn't feel like it," I choked out. Is he secretly trying to suffocate me? He slammed the door shut.

"Are you leaving me in here?! You get back here mister!" I yelled, punching the windows.

"Relax I'm just walking to my seat," he said, taking a seat next to me after opening his door.

"Oh," I mumbled, embarrassed. "Why are you kidnapping me with me awake?  Are you dumb? This is obviously your first time. "

"Who you calling dumb? Would you rather I punch you until you pass out?"

"No."

He put a key inside a keyhole and the car started vibrate. I grabbed onto the arm rest.

"What is happening?" I asked.

"Chill out, sweetheart."

We started moving. He had his hands on some wheel thingy. I closed my eyes in fear.

"Okay, so I'm going to have to give you this serum or we won't be getting anywhere," he said.

"And if I don't?"

"I just have to knock you out the hard way."

"Gimme the serum," I said without hesitation.

"It's in a bottle under your seat. Only drink a little bit," he instructed. I pulled a bottle out from underneath the seat. It was a green, sparkling liquid in a nice glass bottle. I took off the cap and smelled it. It had no scent.

"Just drink the darn thing!" He exclaimed. I chugged it.

"Not that much!" His muffled voice said before all I saw was darkness.

Karrie

I wasn't fast enough. I had failed to save Jazz. I was a terrible friend.

I had chased them until they were Stereo Drive, but then my M-Chip was talking inside of my head without me telling it to.

"Caution. Danger. Turn around," it was repeating with an ongoing high pitched beep. The sound was burning through my brain. I had tried to escape, but I couldn't make it. I fainted.

Right now, I was in a doctors office. I was pretty sure Elvis and Cleffa were too.

The doctor came in.

"Your ears are damaged from the warning on your chip and from the strange wavelengths on that road," he explained.

"Yeah," I said, but I could barely hear myself speak.

"Why were you on that road?" He asked.

"I was going after Elvis and Cleffa because they took my friend," I explained. It felt like I was whispering, but I was probably yelling.

"Well I'll just have to go talk to them about that," he said, "but in the meantime, you'll have to put these ear drops in both ears everyday at 2pm."

"Thanks doc," I said.

"Here are some temporary hearing aids," he handed them to me. After instructing me on how to put them on, I attached them to my ears.

"I can hear much better now!" I accidentally yelled. I clamped my mouth shut. "Sorry," I whispered. He laughed.

"Okay, get going. I have other patients to talk to," he said. I nodded in response and left the building. I was going to go to Jazz's house and tell her family what's going on.