Sisterhood

Cleffa

The front door opened.

After Jazz went back to the Cafe, I had gone home because I had no other place to go.

I ran to the door, and coming in the house was the person I was hoping it was.

"Elvis!" I screeched. I hugged him. "Where have you been?" I smacked his arm.

"I was at Karrie's house," he shrugged it off. I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh? And you were doing what?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

"None of your business, little sis!" He said, sounding very defensive.

"Oh, okay. Calm yourself," I said disappointed. I looked at the ground. He went into the kitchen and grabbed a cookie from the tray. Mom and I had made them just before we left to find Elvis.

Wait...

I grabbed my phone and punched in Mom's number. She answered on the first ring.

"Mom! I have good news-"

"Honey, we can't find Elvis on this side of town, but we did run into a peculiar man. It may be awhile until I come home," she said. Out of all the jobs she could have, she had to be apart of the police force. Sometimes it gets me all worked up. She's not home very often.

"Mom it's okay, Elvis is-"

"Sweetheart, I have to go. Cut to the chase and tell me why you call me."

"If you were listening you'd already know! Elvis is home and-" she hung up. I sighed.

Well so much for that phone call.

"So Elvis, are you and Karrie--" I was interrupted by the phone. It was Mom. I grabbed it, hoping maybe she accidentally hung up.

"Mom! I just wanted to-" I started.

"Bring Jazz to me or your mother doesn't come home," a deep, creepy voice said.

"Where?" I asked, worried.

"Six Stereo Road. You have until tomorrow noon," he said and then hung up.

"Great," I mumbled.

"What?" Elvis asked, reaching for another cookie.

"Some strange guy has Mom and wants Jazz in return. He wants us to bring her to Six Stereo Road," I put my head in my hands.

"Six Stereo Road? Why there?"

"I don't know, it's prolly a good place for a kidnapping?" I half-joked. Elvis rolled his eyes.

"Let's go get Mom!" Elvis said without hesitation. He started heading for the door.

"We need a plan. We can't just kidnap Jazz," I said.

"Clef, we don't need one. We'll just tell her we are taking her somewhere," he said calmly.

"How can you be so sure??" I panicked.

"Because," he looked into my eyes without moving a muscle, "I know just how to do it."

Karrie

"Are you guys done?" My 8 year old sister, Harmony, asked through the closed door.

"He's gone!" I called, laughing to myself. Did she not see him go through the front door?

She opened the door and walked inside.

"What were you even doing?" She asked, biting the nail on her thumb.

"That's not healthy," I said, removing her hand from her mouth.

"But it's tasty," she said putting it back. I grimaced.

"But it's dirty!" I said, removing it once again.

"Ew!" She squealed. She ran to bathroom to wash it. I laughed. She came back in with her thumb in her mouth.

"I give up with you," I sighed. She giggled.

"Anyway, what were you doing with that boy?"  She asked.

"Just talking," I shrugged, "And his name is Elvis. You know this."

"Sure sure," she said. Luckily she didn't feel like interrogating me anymore and just left.

Right after she left my room, the phone rang. It was Elvis.

"Hey Karrie," he said, "I have a favor to ask you."

"Go ahead," I said.

"Where does Jazz live?" He asked.

"Why do you need Jazz's address? Do you not like me anymore? Already? She's not even pretty! Jazz is not good enough for you. El-"

"Shhhh. I need to borrow her. My mother needs her for something. Where does she live?" She rudely interrupted.

"Okay one, don't ever shush me again. Two, she lives in that blue house on Triad Drive," I said, annoyed.

"Thanks!" He said and hung up.

"Well, that was rude," I muttered.

I wonder why they need her... I thought.

"Harmony I'm going out!" I called.

"Okay!" She said.

"Do I need to call a sitter?" I asked.

"No!"

"Then behave please," I said, rushing out the door.

I rode my bike over to Jazz's house, but it looked like Elvis and Cleffa's bikes were there as well.

I knocked on the door. Cleffa opened it.

"Karrie?" She asked wide eyed.

"Hi! I came to-"

"It's not a good time," she said obviously distracted.

"This isn't even your house. Let me in!"

"That's not necessary," she said, but I pushed past her.

I walked in and saw Elvis. He was punching Jazz to the ground!

"ELVIS? What are you doing?" I screeched.

"None of your business," he growled. He picked up a passed out Jazz  and carried her out the door.

"Cmon Cleffa," said Elvis.

"What do you think you're-" Elvis slammed the door.

I ran to it and opened it up. They had already started biking. I hopped on my bike and chased them.

Oh no they don't... I thought.