Two

I pulled the bow back as I watched the Rogue run through the forest. He was fifty feet from Tyler, who was too drunk to even notice him. I released it as the familiar sound passed through my ears, the arrow embedding itself into the head of the black Rogue.

Tyler simply sat in front of a lake and waterfall, where his parents met. No one knows, but Tyler's speaks to his mate there. Every time the stars are out, he begins to talk to her.

Little does he know that she's listening.

He's telling me about a failed math quiz, how he's hopelessly awful at algebra. I don't show much emotions, but it seems like anything he does effects me. Today was my seventeenth birthday, and the already there bond just grew stronger. I saw him in a new light, his features sharper and his kindness greater.

No one saw his kindness though. They all saw a ruthless cold player, who simply used girls and threw them away. The girls always said he slept with them, afraid of their reputation of being kicked out by their soon to be alpha. But I saw the Tyler that I wished everyone saw.

He spent hours at the hospitals and orphanages, giving money when he could and volunteering for so many charities it drove me wild. He constantly went to galas and balls, saying he was networking and making alliances, when in reality he was focusing on bringing more pack members into a charity.

I was so ridiculously in love with him it was pathetic.

'Lena, the king and Queen wishes to speak with you.'

I pulled my bow behind me and dropped to the forest floor, sending a silent word of love to Tyler before I turned and left. I made my way to my secret door on the west wing of the palace, the cold hallways strangely welcoming me. I made my way through the dark halls, velvet curtains and bright paintings greeting me with every turn I took.

I finally stood outside the office of the king, a large crown engraved in the wooden door. I knocked twice, pausing before knocking once more. The door opened to reveal the queen herself, dressed in leggings and her husbands sweatshirt. She smelt of him and love, my heart panting as I reluctantly thought of my mate and what I would have to do if I ever made contact with him.

"Come in, we need to discuss something." I smiled as I took a step forward, making my way to my favorite seat in the office. A worn chair sat towards the side of the office, a dark musty orange color that completely clashed with the theme of the room. I knew why they kept it, it smelt of my mate and brought me comfort every time. This was his seat, and unbeknownst to him, mine as well.

"My son has been getting more threats, they've been getting closer and more frequent. We," he paused to look at his wife, who sat on the armrest of the chair he sat in. I saw Tyler run both of them, causing my hand to unconsciously rub the center of my chest. "We think it would be best if you personally entered his school and took out the threats formally."

I looked between him and his mate, her eyes shining with amusement as I took everything in. "With all due respect sir, I cannot do that."

He growled lowly at my blatant disrespect to his orders. His mate touched his arm, smiling at me as she refused to meet his eye. "Why don't you tell him why Lena?"

I huffed as his accusing eye met mine, my tongue dancing around I my mouth as I tried to think. I needed a reason, a valid reason that doesn't include how hopelessly in love I was with your son, oh by the way, I'm also his fucking mate.

'Just tell him! He's our mate, we should be with mate. We love mate, so much so!'

I grumbled as my wolf yapped inside my brain, rubbing my temples as I attempted to block her out. She had been like this since I met Tyler when I was six, and every time I was within a mile of him she would go crazy.