Four

"I found her name."

My ears picked up, the group Ethan, Joseph and Mariah had quickly intercepted themselves into sat outside during lunch. They kept themselves out in the open, where no one could sneak up on them within twenty feet without them realizing it.

"How'd you do that?" Alex asked, his fingers playing with Mariah's hair.

"Wait, who's name did you find it?" Mariah asked, taking her fry off of her plate before plopping it into her mouth.

"My mates." Ethan and Mariah visibly stiffened, their eyes wandering to where I sat. My legs dangled from a high branch, the sun beating down on my skin.

'Ask about the girls he kissed, get it off my name."

"If you found your mate, why do you kiss girls all the time?" Mariah asked as she snuggled deeper into Alex, a smile warming itself on her face.

"I haven't exactly met her, every time I come close she runs." Alex and John raised their eyebrows, a look of confusion passing through them as they looked back to their Alpha.

"Why would she do that? Every wolf knows that an Alpha needs their Luna!" Ethan said, emphasizing certain words because he knew I could hear him.

I growled, reaching for the slingshot I kept on me and a small rock. I drew it back, shooting it straight into his forehead while Tyler and Alex was looking at him like he was insane. It hit directly on his forehead, causing him to fall out of his chair with a groan of pain.

"Woah, are you okay?" Tyler jumped and went to Ethan, along with Alex and John. Mariah and Joseph simply sat and tried to muffle their laughs, bursting out when they saw the big red welt on Ethan's forehead. "Who did that to you?"

Alex and Joseph looked around for any direct signs of threat, Ethan growling as he sat back in his seat. "An asshole who won't take any advice."

I loaded my slingshot up with another rock before shooting it, grazing his ear instead of a direct hit this time. Tyler growled with Alex and John, standing straight up as they all looked around. Mariah and Joseph laughed again, shaking their heads as they looked at Ethan holding his bleeding ear.

I snickered as the bell rang, watching them all stand up and leave the small picnic table outside. Tyler stood there for a while, his eyes darting around as he looked all along the edge of the forest.

"I know you're here Lena!" I took my slingshot again, taking a small rock that wouldn't hurt him, and shot it out. It hit his upper arm, earning a grin from him. He shook his head, turning and walking back up the steps. He turned right before he went back inside, sending the forest like one last look.

***

You want to know what I honestly really and truly hate?

Goblins.

Suckers are some ugly looking things that eat whatever the hell they set their sights on.

They're what I saw that afternoon, after I already heard a girl scream. I didn't even notice them entering the school, but by the time I did, there was a hoard already in the school.

I looked up when I heard the scream, people rushing out of the doors to the school. I dropped down, running swiftly to the front. I entered to find one standing over some girl, and at least two running down the hallway towards Tyler's class.

I shot my arrow directly in its chest, stumbling before it fell back over. I nodded to the girl as she ran past me, tears streaming down her face. I sprinted down the hallway, pulling out another arrow as I slid on the linoleum in front of Tyler's class.