Thirteen

I was in and out of consciousness for days, or at least what I thought was days. I didn't have food or water, and the pain I felt in my neck kept coursing through me with so much force it took all it had in me not to scream bloody murder. David occasionally would come to my cell, Damon hadn't seen me yet; neither of my so called 'parents' either.

I finally woke up, and was actually awake for an hour. It was the longest I'd been awake in a while, my mark throbbing nevertheless. The cell door slammed open, a smirking Damon leaning against the silver bars. I growled as loud as I could, but it ended in a coughing fit. I groaned before sighing and leaning back, looking to Damon with my eyebrows raised.

"Yes little blood sucker?" He hissed at me, earning one of my famous eye rolls.

"Don't call me that stupid mutt. You're one of us too, your wolf is just more dominant than mine." I shrugged, my wolf inside of me stirring.

'Reach out to Tyler please, try something. Make sure he's okay.'

"What the hell do you want Damon?" He grinned at my annoyance, shrugging before fully standing.

"Father wants to speak with you." I growled as stood, wordlessly following behind Damons dark figure.

He led me down a corridor, completely bare of everything. The castle itself felt dead and barren, like no one had ever even lived there.

He opened the doors to their library, the same cold dark room in my dream. I shivered at the thought, my eyes immediately setting themselves upon the white hair I shared with my father. He beckoned his hand to me, my teeth shuffling as I heard Damon close the door behind me.

"Ah, my little Leona." I wrinkled my nose at him, shaking my head lightly.

"Lena, say it with me. L-E-N-A."

I felt his hand slap across my cheek before I actually registered it. I growled, my silver eyes flashing to his. He growled back at me, his eyes flashing between silver and black. I almost forgot that asshole was a wolf.

"That is a bastard name, your true name is Leona and you will rule under that name!" I furrowed my eyebrows, shifting my feet slowly.

"Damon supposed to kill me and rule, I'm not going to rule?" It came out as more of s question than I meant to, obviously sending him into an anger fit.

"You are be rightful queen! Not your brother, who isn't even my own flesh and blood."

"What the hell do you mean, 'isn't my flesh and blood'?" I took a step closer to him, his eyes swirling as he stared at me.

"Your bitch of a mother cheated on me with my second in command. She wanted a full vampire to rule, not a hybrid like you." I shook my head at him with wide eyes, causing him to chuckle. "She won't be a problem anymore."

"What have you done," I spoke to him through gritted teeth. I knew my mother didn't want me, hell she probably wanted to kill me, but she was still my flesh and blood. I came out of her for Petes sake!

"She's dead. You will rule in her place and we will find out a suitable beloved." I gaped at his words, feeling my heart clench at the thought of being with someone other than Tyler.

"Hell no! I have a mate, and I refuse to rule this shitty kingdom!" As soon as I spoke my air was cut off, my father lifting me above the ground. I clawed at his hands, his eyes completely black as he shook with anger.

"I haven't shifted in years little Leona, if I do now, I will be so wild that I will kill whoever is in sight!" He dropped me, my body collapsing on the ground as I sucked in as much air as I could. "Now, you will rule, and you will take the beloved I have chosen for you!"