Five

I'd killed hundreds of men, been on countless missions, I've even jumped off of cliffs; but none of them were as scary as high school.

I had been stuck in the office for close to thirty minutes, my mind kept wandering to Tyler and his many conquests. I knew I was hit mate, but this bubbling fear inside of me kept telling me he would freak out once he learns what I am, or the fact I've known about him his entire life.

I mean, how do you even start that conversation?

'Hey, I'm a Protector and I've known you were my mate since I was six, your mother adores me and by the way I've watched you your entire life and know about all those girls you've been kissing.'

That wouldn't end well.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the elderly secretary finally handed me my schedule, a small slip of paper next to a map that I didn't need. I nodded as I made my way to my first period, which unfortunately was the same as Tyler's.

They all were.

I couldn't still smell the remnants of goblin blood as I walked closer to the class, the smell battling with my mates smell. He smelt like lemons and something that I couldn't describe; like the warm feeling of the sun through windows, or the feeling of your first kiss.

I knocked on the door quietly before it flung open, my eyes immediately finding Tyler's. He sat up, his eyebrows furrowing as he took in my outfit. I couldn't help myself this morning, I wore black skinny jeans with a black v-neck t shirt and a leather jacket, complete with my famous combat boots that Mariah loathed so much.

Everything had little compartments for my weapons, and each classroom had a bow and arrow stuck up in the ceiling tiles. I was prepared for anything, hell, I even had a few potions stashed around the property.

"Hello, who might you be?" I smiled at the teacher, my ears narrowing on Tyler's racing heart.

"Lena Dupree." I gave the last name Ashe told me to say, since the fact I never knew my parents or my last name. The teacher simply nodded, pointing to a seat to the right of Tyler.

I walked quickly down the lane and sat down, his gaze on me for the rest of the class period. I had already learned everything she was going over, so my wolf was literally bouncing around inside of my head.

Tyler's hand kept creeping closer and closer on his desk, right as the bell rang it shot out to grasp my hand. I let him hold my limp hand, putting my books into my bag as I pulled it away. I stood and looked down to Tyler, his curious expression chasing my heart to stutter.

Did he really have to have such beautiful eyes?

I felt him behind me as I walked to my next class, everyone stared catching me as he followed me like a lost puppy. The sound of feet pattering almost drowned out the words I spoke, my fingers tapping along my thigh. "Are you going to tell them?"

I turned and halted mid stride, causing him to almost run into me. "Tell them what?"

I cocked my head, a quirk of the corner of my mouth catching his interest. "You know what big bad Alpha." I spoke it with a sly smirk, spinning around as I continued my trek to his next class.

His mother wanted him to learn the piano, and he did as a very early age, but he had no emotions for it. He still took the class to make his mother happy, but it forced me to curl into myself in the corner. It was the one thing I kept from the world, something that connected me even more with the Queen.

I watched him sit across from me in the room, his beta talking to him but he wasn't quite listening. He kept giving me glances until the class started, the teacher not even noticing me until someone spoke up.