Eleven

It's takes a lot to get wolves drunk, but let me just say that Mariah and I were drunk as hell.

I grinned as I spun in the meadow, my arms outstretched as Mariah just giggled next to me. We both had two bottles of alcohol, one open and one still sealed. I took a swig from the vodka bottle I had, smacking my lips together as I peered up at the stars.

Mariah started giggling again over how I distracted Tyler, let's just say she got an earful from Alex about an hour after we left. She cut off the mindlink like me, so right now my mind was empty for the first time in so long.

I flung myself back onto the grass, I truly had no idea where we were, but this grass felt great under my skin. I picked up a piece of grass and twirled it around my fingers, my eyes looking through all the flowers.

I loved flowers.

I opened my mindlink, Tyler's voice immediately flooding my brain as I squeezed my eyes shut.

'I love flowers Ty.'

I heard him growling and mumbling about something in my head, clouds rolling in the sky above me.

'Where the hell are you Lena!'

I started laughing at his voice, rolling onto my stomach next to a passed out Mariah.

'Somewhere with flowers!'

I felt him trying to look through my eyes, but I simply shut them. I didn't want to go home yet!

'Are you still, tied up, Tyler?' I laughed maniacally as I heard him growl, opening my eyes to show him the night sky. 'Look at the tars Ty!'

'Ty?' I giggled, sending love through our link.

'You call me a million names, you deserve a nickname! Oh, what if I call you prince!'

I heard him grumble again, muttering about someone not being able to drive right.

'Only in the bedroom Angel.'

I opened my eyes to show him Mariah and the field, taking a sip from my bottle of Vodka.

'Come to the field and drink with me!' I whined to him, cradling the bottle to me.

'I'm on my way, what have you done tonight?'

I hummed as I took another sip, not even feeling the burn as it ran down my throat.

'Danced around a lot, drank around a lot, sang around a lot.' I heard him chuckle inside my head, the sound of a car in the distance catching my attention. 'Is that you?'

'Is what me baby?' I paled, reaching over and grabbing Mariah. I picked her up, staggering as I tried to make my way to a tree. 'Is what me? Lena?'

'Someone's here.'

I heard car doors shutting as I hoisted Mariah up, her hands swatting at me. I pushed her on a branch, sitting on the one below her as I watched the field. Two men staggered into the field, one whiff and I could tell they were human. I furrowed my eyebrows, straining my ears to listen to them.

"Where are those stupid mutts." I suppressed a growl, my eyes trained on both of them. Each of them were in their upper to mid thirties, and I could see the outline of a gun on their hips.

Hunters.

I shook my head, trying to sober myself up as much as I could. I dropped to the ground in a crouch, taking a dagger I had strapped to my thigh out slowly. I stalked the perimeter, my fingers wrapping and unwrapping around my knife.