Three

I stood on a tree a hundred feet from the high school parking lot. The school was a mixed school, filled with both shifters and humans alike. Vampires never went to school, their immortality caused them to repeat it so most just never went.

Tyler stood in front of his car with Alex and John by his side, sniffing whenever a group of girls would walk by. I knew what he was doing, he was searching for me. I stiffened when I felt him behind me, turning to catch the purple eyes of Ethan.

"Which ones lover boy?" I rolled my eyes when I turned around, my eyes focusing on Tyler and his friends slowly walking inside the building as the bell rang.

"The middle one, dark brown hair, 6'4, devilishly handsome." Ethan chuckled as I spoke, the back of Tyler's head walking into the front door. I sighed when he left my sight, jumping trees until I reached the one by the window in his next class.

"Everyone is meeting me at the front in fifteen, anything we should know?" He asked me. In the group of Protectors, I was more or less the leader. I was the strongest, most agile, and the most powerful. I had powers normal wolves didn't have, hell I even had powers Protectors didn't have.

Ethan had blonde hair that glinted in the sun as he looked at me, warm brown and purple tinged eyes watching my every move. "Humans, be human and blend in; or at least try too. If something does happen handle it as discreetly as possible, get intel, become friends with him."

He nodded, turning to jump from he branches. "If any of you find your mates, you know what to do." He stiffened, before curtly nodding and jumping the ten foot fall to the ground.

As soon as they entered the door I saw Tyler's body stiffen, his eyes watching the door to the classroom. The door opened and Ethan walked in, along with Mariah and Joseph. Mariah had brown hair with freckles spread over her entire face, short compared to everyone's height. Joseph had brown hair and was related to Mariah, the only person here who had any clue of her family, and shared the freckles she had.

Tyler's beta stiffened when they walked in, his eyes trained on Mariah. I watched her stiffen before forcing herself to act natural. They were human, act human, smell human, be human.

The day passed as I watched them through the windows of the school, Mariah keeping her distance from Alex the entire day. I watched him leave the school with Tyler and his Delta, looking completely heartbroken.

The leaves rustled as they all climbed up the tree, sitting in the branches that surrounded me. Mariah looked pained, her eyes not daring to meet mine. I sighed, watching as Tyler inspected every female in the parking lot again.

"Mariah, you don't have to reject him." I spoke quietly. Her face brightened up, her green eyes widening as she looked at me.

"Seriously?" I nodded, my gaze flashing between all of them. "None of you, but you cannot tell them of what you are until our mission is over. If you want to go tell him, you may, but when he asks just say something about your parents not allowing you to speak to him."

"But I'm supposed to be human?" I watched Tyler again, his expression sending bullets right through my heart.

"If you want, you can tell him what you are. If Tyler asks, you're not Rogue, just visiting family. Find a random pack member that he doesn't talk too, wipe their memories. Don't let him look through your brain, that is an order." She nodded curtly before dropping to the floor, sprinting to the parking lot.

Alex looked up, walking slowly to her. She closed the distance by sprinting and jumping in his arms, her laugh being heard from here. She kissed him deeply, my heart hurting as I watched their happiness.